Tallahassee, FL -October 27,2012
The ongoing campus beautification program takes another step forward this Sunday, October 28, 10 a.m., when the Alpha Delta Pi sorority dedicates a gorgeous new Mediation Pavilion to Florida State University. FSU President Eric Barron, his wife Molly, and other University dignitaries will be on hand for the dedication ceremony.
The pavilion is located in the Greek park between Landis Hall and Jefferson Street (across from the Sweet Shop). The Meditation Pavilion features Gothic architecture, stained glass, a bronze clock, and a center medallion of terrazzo and brass. Florida State University’s Master Craftsman Program customized the pavilion for Alpha Delta Pi.
The project was initiated by former FSU President T.K. Wetherell four years ago when he asked Alpha Delta Pi to take a leadership role in the beautification of the Greek Park. Alpha Delta Pi alumnae contributed to the development of the pavilion through their purchases of stained glass windows, stone benches, the bronze clock, and other design elements.
A brunch for 350 friends and alumnae will be held at the Alpha Delta Pi House immediately following the dedication ceremony.
Alpha Delta Pi Sorority was founded in 1857. It now includes 240 thousand women at 140 chapters on college campuses across the United States. The Iota Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi was established at FSU in 1909.