By: Garin Flowers
June 7, 2013
It's summer, summer time! The Tallahassee Police Department and Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs have teamed up to help kids have fun this summer.
It's the third annual 'Splash and Jam.' Kids are invited to join in fun activities all summer.
Hundreds of kids participated Friday night in swimming at the Jack McLean Community Center. There was also some tunes pizza and popcorn.
The 'Splash and Jam' events will run until August.
Here is more information:
"This year's events are sponsored by United Health Care and Springtime Tallahassee Foundation. They will feature pool parties at the aquatics facilities, with a deejay, food and other fun activities in the adjacent community centers, including music, late-night basketball, movies, games and more. Below is a full schedule of the 2013 Splash & Jam events.
· June 7 at Jack McLean Community Center, 700 Paul Russell Road
· June 14 at Palmer Munroe Teen Center, 1900 Jackson Bluff Road (There will not be swimming at this event.)
· June 21 at Walker-Ford Community Center, 2301 Pasco Street
· June 28 at Lawrence-Gregory Community Center, 1115 Dade Street
· July 12 at Jack McLean
· July 19 at Walker-Ford
· July 26 at Lawrence-Gregory
· August 2 at Jack McLean
· August 9 at Walker-Ford
· August 16 at Lawrence-Gregory
Each event will be monitored by adult chaperones, City staff and police officers, with a focus on a safe, fun environment.
Splash & Jam is a collaborative effort between Parks, Recreation & Neighborhood Affairs and the Tallahassee Police Department. For more information, please contact PRNA at 891-3866 or visit Talgov.com/parks