By Julie Montanaro
The state attorney released audio and video recordings today in the Jameis Winston case.
The sexual battery case was closed last week when the state attorney announced there was not enough evidence to take it to trial.
An interview with Winston's friend and fellow football player Ronald Darby is the only interview that was videotaped.
The rest are audio recordings only.
They include an interview with Winston's roommate Chris Casher, an interview with the accuser's friend who called 911 and interviews with two of the accusers' friends who were with her at Potbelly's that night.
"She was crying, and like, she wouldn't even let me touch her, and I assume that's just because I'm a guy, you know...so she was really like traumatized I guess," Marcus Jordan told the investigator during his interview on November 18th. He was with the accuser and her friends at Potbelly's that evening.
Winston's friend and fellow teammate Ronald Darby was there too.
"She wanted to have sex, I promise you that... like Jameis is not going to take advantage of no female. He don't have to do that for one. Two, like I told you, she walked out normally, she did everythihng normal... got in the room and they went straight to it," Darby said in his interview.
The assistant state attorney says they are not releasing the recording of the accuser's interview because they cannot sufficiently redact it to protect her identity.
The young woman's family is holding a news conference on Friday to talk about the investigation. We'll keep you updated on that on air and on line.
December 11, 2013, 2pm
The State Attorney's Office has released several audio and video files regarding the Jameis Winston sexual assault allegation from December 2012.
The state attorney recently announced his decision to not move forward with any charges in the case.
Download Investigative Reports Below
Tallahassee, FL -- Tallahassee police released a heavily redacted two-page report when the Jameis Winston sexual assault allegation surfaced.
Thursday, TPD posted 86 pages worth of their investigation online.
The accuser states she went home with someone she didn't know who took advantage of her. The next day she reported it to FSUPD who passed it on to TPD. Police then requested her phone records the day of the December 7, 2012.
On January 10, 2013, the accuser called TPD saying she believed the suspect was Jameis Winston.
TPD then submitted DNA evidence for the accuser on January 17, 2013 to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. That information came back in February and March.
Next, the head investigator said: "This case was left in suspended status because probable cause could not be established, given the conflicting statements between what the victim told her friends and what was reported to police."
The case was reopened by what appears to be a media inquiry: "On November 12, 2013, we were made aware that a media source was inquiring about the investigation..."
TPD then let the state attorney's office know, in case they too started to receive requests for information.
"After discussing the case at length, I was asked by ASA Cappleman to send her the reports relating to the case."
Here's the statement from Interim TPD Chief Tom Coe:
"Those reports document that our department took the case seriously, processed evidence and conducted an investigation based on information available at that time," he said.
"The reports also show that, while the victim was unwilling to move forward with charges at that time, all evidence was preserved in the event she was willing to move forward at a later date."
We also heard from the accuser's attorney. Her office released this statement from the family:
"The victim and her family appreciate the state attorney's efforts in attempting to conduct a proper investigation after an inordinate delay by the Tallahassee Police Department."
"The victim has grave concerns that her experience, as it unfolded in the public eye and through social media, will discourage other victims of rape from coming forward and reporting."