Press Release: FAMU
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Looking ahead to Saturday’s home game, Florida A&M University (FAMU) Athletics is advising visitors and fans to prepare for the heat and humidity. In keeping with their focus on exceptional customer service, the athletic department has added amenities to help fans beat the heat. This year Bragg Stadium will have four “cool zones.” Each corner of the stadium will offer a misting-cooling station to provide relief from the heat.
“Football fans are encouraged to dress for the weather and wear loose, lightweight and light colored clothing along with a visor or hat,” said Michael Smith, FAMU interim athletic director. “You should stay well hydrated, drinking plenty of fluids, avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol, and take frequent breaks out of the sun.”
FAMU Athletics and Leon County Emergency Medical Service are working to ensure fans have an enjoyable and safe time in spite of the high temperatures and high humidity that will likely come with all five home games starting at 2 p.m. In addition to EMS providers, a new first aid station will be located on the east concourse for fans with minor injuries or that need respite from the extreme heat. Event personnel, EMS and first aid providers will be on the lookout for fans with heat related emergencies.
FAMU football fans and visitors should remember the following:
· Wear loose, lightweight clothing and a visor or hat;
· Drink plenty of fluids even if you don’t feel thirsty (no caffeine or alcohol);
· Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual;
· Take frequent breaks out of the direct sun – check out the cooling zones;
· Ask for assistance from emergency medical providers and first aid staff if needed;
· Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress; and
· Lastly, have a great time!
For more information, visit www.famuathletics.com.