WCTV | Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta | News, Weather, Sports

House Fire: Neighbor Notices Smoke, Wakes Resident [SLIDE SHOW]

By: Tallahassee Fire Department, Julie Montanaro Email
By: Tallahassee Fire Department, Julie Montanaro Email

Tallahassee Fire Department Release

Tallahassee, FL - Today at 11:08 a.m. TFD responded to a kitchen fire at 4965 Gearhart Rd.

No injuries, damages estimated at $50,000. Fire caused by a pot left unattended on the stove. One occupant was home at time of fire and was awoken by a neighbor who noticed smoke coming from the home. The Red Cross was called to assist the occupant who is displaced as a result of the fire.


Tallahassee, FL - January 16, 2013 - 11:45am by Julie Montanaro

A fire occurred this morning at 4965 Gearhart Rd just before 11 am.

A passer by noticed a cloud of smoke coming from a neighbor's home and started honking his horn.

That woke the young woman who lived there. She got out safely.

Battalion Chief, Kermit Washington says the fire started in the kitchen. They do not yet have a damage estimate.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187137601