Crawfordville, FL - December, 16, 2012
Wakulla County Fire Rescue responded to a report of a house fire at 11:17 a.m. Sunday morning. The fire was reported at 21 Satinwood in Crawfordville.
WCSO Deputy Sean Wheeler arrived first and reported to responding firefighters that the house was heavily involved and all occupants were out of the house. When the first fire unit arrived they found flames coming from several windows of the stilt home.
Fire crews were able to make entry into the home and contain the fire to the master bedroom and bathroom. The rest of the home was heavily with smoke and heat. Wakulla County firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in less than ten minutes.
In addition to county firefighters volunteers from the Crawfordville and Apalachee Bay VFDS responded to assist. WCEMS also responded to assist. Units were on the scene for over two hours assuring the heavily damaged home was completely out.
The owner stated he had gone to the store to make a quick pick up and when he returned found smoke coming from the house. He had to travel to a nearby relative’s home to call for the fire department as his cell phone was in the house.
Fire Chief Mike Morgan feels the cause was accidental and possibly due to a discarded cigarette. He stated that the quick response of all agencies involved helped to keep the fire from consuming the entire structure.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.