News Release:Tallahassee Fire Department
At 5:51 p.m. units from stations 1 and 3 from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to the report of a possible house fire at the 3000 block of Rackley Dr. Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming from the eves of the residence. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire that was found in the bedroom and hallways of the house. The fire was believed to be caused by a resident accidentally placing an iron on a mattress and leaving it unattended. Four residents were displaced due to the fire and damages were estimated to be at $25,000. No injuries were reported and Red Cross was called on scene to assist the occupants.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.