Second Harvest Release
Come hear live Christmas music performed by some of Tallahassee's most talented musicians. Family-friendly event with Santa for the kids, over 30,000 lights, and fun for all. Bring a canned/boxed food item to donate to 2nd Harvest.
Located at the Tour of Lights home: 6655 Wild Fern Lane (right off Centerville Road) on Saturday, December 22nd from 7-11pm
Bring lawnchairs and park at the Chinese Christian Church at the corner of Centerville and Deer Pond Lane and walk down to the house to enjoy the show. (Limited parking available by the house for early-birds.) Rain or shine.
Most Needed Food Items:
Corn, Yams,Instant Potatoes,Green Beans, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Cornbread Mix, Canned Hams, Canned Meats, Soups
Musical Performances By: The Keytones, The Gallo Trio, Cheap-N-Easy, Josh Watson and Special Guests
City of Tallahassee Release: Soul Santa Arrives in Frenchtown by Helicopter
Friday, December 14, 2012 - Join the Lawrence-Gregory Community Center at Fourth Avenue from 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for the Annual Arrival of Soul Santa. Santa will arrive by helicopter at 4:00 p.m. to distribute gifts to an registered infant and children up-to age 10-. Reglstration will begin for pre-school children at 2:30 p.m. and for grade school children at 3:00 p.m.
Live entertainment begins at 3:00 p.m. Children must be present to register.
TCC Head Basketball Coach, Teresa Atkinson
Free activities and entertainment
Singers, dancers and steppers
Griffin Middle School Band and Dancer
A very special thanks to: The City of Tallahassee Police Department, The City of Tallahassee Fire Department, Leon County Commissioners, The Leon County Sheriffs Department and United Healthcare
CCVFD Release: Chaires Capitola Volunteer Fire Department Brings Santa to East Leon County Neighborhoods
Tallahassee, FL - December 7, 2012 - Santa will be riding into eastern Leon County in style. Old Saint Nick will be cruising neighborhoods and making stops on a fire truck from Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department. The Department will conduct four holiday parades.
Each night the parade will be conducted from 5:30 or 6 pm until concluded at approximately 8:30 pm
Below are the routes for each night indicating the neighborhood that will be traveled and what roads we will travel on.
Night 1 - Dec. 7th - Visit a Google Map of Route at http://tinyurl.com/CCVFDSR2012Night1
Leaving station 12 (4701 Chaires Cross Rd) at 6 p.m.
· Traveling via Capitola neighborhoods (Apple St., Eva Lane, Long Branch Lane, Gordon St.)
· Oak hill farms neighborhood (Corby Court, Corby Court E., Greenhill Trace E., Epping Forest Dr.)
· Buck Field neighborhood (Buckfield Rd)
· Ashford Glen neighborhood (Pendelton Ave., Brook Hollow Lane, Wyntree Lane, Glenbrook Dr.)
· Oakfair Farms neighborhood (Oakfair Dr., Lakefair Dr., Seafair Lane, Fairhill Lane and Coperfair Lane)
· Arvah Branch neighborhood (Arvah Branch Boulevard)
Night 2- Dec. 8th - View a Google Map of Route at http://tinyurl.com/CCVFDSR2012Night2
Leaving station 12 (4701 Chaires Cross Rd.) at 5:30 p.m.
· Plantation Estates neighborhood (Plantation Forest Dr., Shady Rest Lane, Foshalee Dr., Burnt Pine Lane, Pineland Dr., Mistletoe Court)
· Walden Road area (Elmwood Rd., Glenmeadow Lane, Atascadero Lane, Landover Circle, Cordova Circle, Alameda Dr., Visalia Place, Pasadena Dr., Walden Circle)
· Sedgefield neighborhood (Sedgefield Court, Lansdowne Rd., Lawndale Rd., Smoke Rise Lane)
· Pedrick Crossing neighborhood (Pedrick Crossing Rd.)
· Bucklake Estates neighborhood (Charlais St).
· Avondale area
Night 3 - Dec. 14th - Visit a Google Map of Route at http://tinyurl.com/CCVFDSR2012Night3
Leaving Station 30 (Williams and Louvinia) at 6 p.m.
· Deer Park neighborhood (Deer Park Circle, Woodvalley Rd.)
· East Wood (Goodwin Dr., Matt Wing Rd., Roger Hamlin Rd.)
· Appalachee and Chaires Cross Rd. area (Malachi Lane)
· Augustine Forest neighborhood (Calle De Santos, Caplock Rd.)
· Meadows at Woodrun neighborhood (Olde Post Rd., Southampton Dr., Windermere Rd., Glendalin Rd.,Balmoral Dr., Portsmouth Circle, Little Terry Circle)
· Lake Heritage neighborhood (Tally Anne Dr., Chandalar Lane, Chateau Lane, Lake Heritage Dr., Little River Lane)
· Frontier Estates neighborhood (Apalachee Trail, Rodeo Dr., Longhorn Dr., Raymond Tucker Rd.)
· Flintlock Loop neighborhood (Flintlock Loop)
Night 4- Dec. 15th - Visit a Google Map of Route at http://tinyurl.com/CCVFDSR2012Night4
Leaving Station 30 (Williams and Louvinia) at 5:30 p.m.
· Verdura Woods II neighborhood (Augustine Creek Trace, Swain Trace)
· Golden Pheasant neighborhood (Golden Pheasant Dr., Upland Way)
· Windwood Hills neighborhood (East Windwood Way, Weeping Willow Way)
· Hampton Creek neighborhood (Hampton Ridge Avenue, Hampton Woods Way, Hampton Creek Dr., Hampton Hills Circle, Hampton Oaks Place, Hampton Meadow Dr.)
· Timber Ridge neighborhood (Timber Ridge Dr., Bent Willow Dr., Read Oak Dr., Cottage Wood Trail)
· Chase Ridge neighborhood (Brafforton Dr., Paces Place, Virgil Rd.)
· Twin Lakes neighborhood (Twin Lakes Circle)
Santa will visit other roads and areas along the route as time permits, but expect to see Santa on the roads listed above at some time during the times listed. Santa will be announced by the sounding of sirens and use of loud speakers so listen to hear him coming into your neighborhood.
Children and families are encouraged to step outside to meet Santa along the route and receive a special holiday treat. Please wait until told it is safe before approaching Santa's fire truck. If you do not see your road listed please feel free to stop by the station or meet us along one of the roads listed.
The Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department reminds everyone to be safe this holiday season. Check smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and fire extinguishers to make sure they are working properly. Make sure chimneys are clean and flues are open when making a fire. Do not overload electrical outlets with Christmas lights. Keep live trees watered to prevent excess drying. Make sure homes are clearly identified with minimum 3-inch sized numbers.
Leon County residents interested in joining or contributing to the Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department can call 850-228-3146 or visit http://www.chairescapitolavfd.com.
About Chaires Capitola Volunteer Fire Department
The Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department is located in the eastern central section of Leon County, Florida. As a not-for-profit and entirely volunteer department we provide fire suppresion and emergency medical services for a territory of approximately 76 square miles and over 7,600 homes.
We are under the administrative oversight and medical direction of Leon County Emergency Medical Services. We have a contract with the Tallahassee City Fire Department for joint response to fire and medical emergencies outside of the city limits.
All firefighting and medical training required to become a volunteer is provided free of charge. We can also provide information and access to continuing education through multiple local and state agencies.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter/First Responder with us please browse through our Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) pages. We provide them for free public viewing so prospective volunteers can see how we operate.
Friday, Dec. 7 at 2:00 p.m.
Location: 1700 Halstead Boulevard, Tallahassee:
Event Details: This Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, Keiser University is partnering with Operation Homefront to make the holiday season a little brighter for the children of military families. Children will enjoy a visit from Santa Claus, a coloring station to create holiday wishes for service members and Veterans, cookies and milk, refreshments, and other activities to be announced.
Members of the Armed Services and community leaders are expected. The event is free of charge and guests are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy for a child of a member of our military in need. The toy drive continues on campus through Dec. 20.
In Tallahassee, Santa is dropping in at Bannerman Crossings, located at 6668 Thomasville Rd.
The event is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. this evening.
They'll be free hot cocoa, food, crafts, a tree lighting, face paining and more!
Santa will be taking pictures with the kids for free.
In Wakulla County, the big guy will be hanging out in Crawfordville! The Annual Christmas in the Park celebration will be from 5 to 8 p.m. at Azalea Park. Santa is set to arrive at 6 p.m.
The park will be lit up and ready to welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus as they arrive in a special law enforcement escort.
You can also bring your camera for an opportunity to take pictures of Santa and Mrs. Claus as well as the elves as they visit with the children during the event.