News Release: Georgia Insurance & Safety Fire Commissioner
Atlanta – Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said an investigation by his office into early morning fire that killed a Seminole County man has been ruled accidental.
Dezra R. Jones, 53, died in the fire at 600 South Henderson Avenue, Donalsonville, Ga. Fire Investigators have determined that an electric space heater placed too close to a sofa started the blaze.
Commissioner Hudgens said the home was a total loss. The fire call came in at 10 a.m.