By: Elizabeth Nickerson
April 13, 2013
Pinetta, FL--Neighbors and family members grieved over a father and his two sons taken by Friday's devastating fire.
Around 10 p.m. a home in Pinetta caught fire, All that is left is their belongings.
"We are all very upset about what happen and his mama and his brothers were like she is," said Rodolfo Contrras, a Family Friend. "I don't know how she is going to come out of this."
"The insides were just gutted, it was just a bad fire," said Greg Jennings, a neighbor.
All Local fire departments responded to the house fire Friday night. The Madison County Fire Department say the father and his two sons were rushed by ems to Madison County Memorial Hospital, but the smoke inhalation was too profound and it was too late.
"All the bedrooms that I remember the doors weren't closed, they were open, so that smoke traveling right through the house. Nothing to keep it from getting to them," said Lieutenant Bruce Jordan from the Madison County Fire Department.
Madison County Fire advises residents to try to remember to close your bedroom door, check smoke detectors every six-months.
Have one in each bedroom, crawl under the smoke and do not inhale the dangerous carbon monoxide and always have a plan.
"Main thing is get everybody out, you don't have to fight every fire that you run across, If you just get everybody out of the house," said Lieutenant Jordan. "You can replace a house, you can't replace lives."
Now neighbors are concerned for the mother and wife of the victims who was not home at the time of the fire.
"I just feel bad for the mother and her family because this is tragic, tragic thing that's happen to their family," said Jennings.
The scene is still under investigation, but officials say that the blaze may have been a grease fire.
By Garin Flowers:
April 13, 2013
Fire officials confirm three people are dead after a structure fire burned their home Friday night.
The incident occurred at a Pinetta, FL home in Madison County around 10 p.m.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office, State Fire Marshal and Madison Fire Rescue all assisted the Pinetta Volunteer Fire Department.
Officials couldn't confirm as of right now how the fire occurred and the State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating. No one else was hurt in the incident.