Tallahassee Fire Department Release
February 24, 2013
Tallahassee Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire in the Killearn area Sunday Morning. According to TDF, the single story home located at 3069 Whirlaway Trail caught fire due to electrical reasons.
The homeowner noticed smoke around the electric panel the night before. They were woken by passerby at 4:40 a.m. because the house was on fire.
When TFD units arrived they saw heavy fire showing through the roof of the home. The fire was extinguished without incident. The entire roof of home was lost.
Leon County EMS was also on the scene. No one was hurt during the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.