Tallahassee, FL - December 11, 2012 - At 5:01 a.m. units from station 3, 4, and 8 responded to a mobile home fire at the 1400 block of Jay Bird Ln.
On arrival, firefighters were met with heavy smoke in the structure. Originally, firefighters discovered fire located beneath the home. Once extinguished, members of the department found that the fire extended through AC ducts and into the attic.
Firefighters extinguished all remaining fire, and quickly determined all occupants had been evacuated. No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at $40,000. Cause of fire is believed to have originated from a faulty air conditioning unit.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.