WCSO: Attempted Murder Arrest Made Following Disturbance

By  | 

Crawfordville, Florida - July 23, 2012 -

A 40-year-old Crawfordville man faces four charges including attempted murder in connection with a physical disturbance reported at midnight Monday, July 23, according to Sheriff Donnie Crum.

Bryan Frederick Braswell was arrested for attempted murder, aggravated battery, false imprisonment and sexual assault after a 51-year-old female victim reported being beaten by the suspect.

Investigators were called to the home of the victim south of Crawfordville and discovered her on the front porch of her residence in severe pain. Deputy Nick Gray, Sgt. Ronald Mitchell and Deputy Scott Powell arrived at the home and tended to the victim along with Wakulla EMS.

Deputy Powell stationed himself behind the home and discovered evidence that the suspect was hiding in a wooded area behind the home. Braswell was detained without incident.

During the investigation phase, the victim reported that she came to the residence to pick up some of her belongings. Once arriving at the residence, Braswell threw belongings at the victim striking her in the face. The victim was also punched and kicked by the suspect before being dragged into the home by her hair.

Once inside the home the suspect sat on top of her and placed his hands around her neck and threatened to kill her. The victim attempted to call 911 when the suspect grabbed the phone and attempted to sexually force it inside the victim.

After briefly escaping the suspect, the victim was grabbed by the hair again and thrown to the floor. The suspect eventually let the victim go and she called law enforcement to the scene. After originally declining medical attention, the victim was transported to the hospital by Wakulla EMS.

Tallahassee Police Department officials are also investigating an altercation that occurred the previous day in a pharmacy in their jurisdiction which involved the suspect and victim. Braswell slapped a phone out of the victim’s hand at the store and store employees called 911. Braswell fled the scene when he realized law enforcement had been contacted.

Braswell remains in the Wakulla County Jail awaiting his first appearance.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus