Reheating the Cold Turkey and Potatoes: Safety Tips

By: Caroline Gonzmart Email
By: Caroline Gonzmart Email

The Thanksgiving cooking may be finished, but Georgia safety officials are warning residents to be careful when reheating food, too.

The Georgia Insurance and Safety Commission says leftovers heated up on the stove pose the same fire risk as foods being cooked for the first time.

The commission recommends wearing a shirt with tight-fitting sleeves, as many fires are started by a piece of loose clothing igniting on a burner, and they remind residents to double-check that stove burners are off before leaving the kitchen.

They say in the event that a fire starts, residents should leave immediately and call 9-1-1 from a neighbor's house.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110705024 -
Gray Television, Inc.