Tallahasse Airport's Number Increase in Jan

The number of people use the Tallahassee Regional Airport is up for the month of January.

The Tallahassee Regional Airport says it saw a 3.8 percent increase in passengers for January. The airport credits the increase in travelers to the legislature starting up, more competitive fares and more seats available on the airlines. The airport says about 47,000 people traveled through it last month.

• by Philip Location: Tallahassee on Feb 13, 2012 at 01:29 PM
    I called recently to check airfares to Washington DC for my birthday in March. Round trip fares from TLH started at just $238! Both JAX and ECP were much higher. Plus, with gas at $4 a gallon, it just doesn't pay to drive to JAX or ECP. If you had to add a hotel, it would be even worse. I can take a $25 cab ride from my home to TLH and leave my car in the garage. People really should think about these added extras when flying from JAX or ECP.
  • by truth Location: fl on Feb 13, 2012 at 06:11 AM
    it had to pick up the state sold their planes,great news for airport.
  • by Deb Location: Tallahassee on Feb 12, 2012 at 08:28 PM
    I always hear that Tallahassee is so expensive, but I have found that to be wrong. Just recently I have booked an international flight and with the exception of Jax, Tallahassee has the best price. I searched Valdosta, Orlando and the new international airport in Panama City which by the way was the most expensive at $300.00 more per ticket. Jax was only $20.00 per ticket cheaper. I have a friend that had the same experience last week.
      by Tallahassee Resident on Feb 13, 2012 at 06:41 AM in reply to Deb
      I have, in fact, found cheaper flights out of JAX, ECP, and VLD, however, the fare difference is hardly ever worth it. I have calculated the cost of a round trip to a remote airport at $1 per mile, so flying out of JAX should save me about $176--even more if I have to get a hotel in Jacksonville to make the flight. Also, my employer allows vacation days to be sold back, so I also have to factor in the cost of extra vacation days I'd have to take to go to JAX. All that having been said, I have severely curtailed my flying ever since the creation of the TSA.
  • by Me on Feb 12, 2012 at 07:48 PM
    I am sure that is what it is, the legislative crowd and probably people who flew back after Christmas/New Year. Tallahassee airport is still WAY expensive.
  • by Me on Feb 12, 2012 at 07:48 PM
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139188349 - wctv.tv/a?a=139188349