- A new police report says the first thing a pregnant South Carolina woman said after driving a minivan carrying her three young children into the ocean surf off Florida was that she was abused by her husband.
- The father of Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza says in his first public comments about the massacre that what his son did couldn't "get any more evil" and he wishes his son hadn't been born.
- The Pentagon says six U.S. F-15 fighter jets have arrived in Lithuania to bolster air patrols over the Baltics as the stand-off over Russia's military incursion into Ukraine continues.
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott is joining with other Republicans opposed to an Arizona bill that would add protections for people who assert their religious beliefs in refusing service to gays.
- Republican gubernatorial candidate John Barge says Georgia should consider the possibility of providing driver's licenses to those living in the country without legal permission, citing road safety concerns.