Posted: 7:46 AM
- Now that Georgia Republicans have settled on businessman David Perdue as their nominee for the state's open Senate seat, the real battle begins with a marquee match-up in the fall against Democrat Michelle Nunn.
- State health officials are taking a cue from past problems and are banning health insurance companies from marketing their plans directly to Medicaid consumers as the state is rolling out a massive overhaul by transitioning millions into managed care.
- A judge has denied a Jacksonville woman's request to use Florida's "stand your ground" law as a defense for attempted murder charges that arose after she fired a gun at her husband.
- Residents of a small, central Florida town say they're shocked and disgusted by the recent disclosure that two members of its police force are accused of being members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- A judge in the Florida Keys has overturned the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in this part of the state after a legal challenge by six gay couples said it effectively made them second-class citizens.