HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A cable company worker in South Florida is recovering after being bitten by a poisonous Eastern green mamba snake.
The head of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue's Venom Response Unit says the bite briefly paralyzed the right side of the 44-year-old Comcast worker's body. The venom is potentially lethal.
Capt. Ernie Jillson says the snake attacked the worker Thursday while he was installing underground cable outside a Hollywood apartment building.
The snake has not been found. State wildlife officials say all people licensed to sell or own green mamba snakes have accounted for their reptiles.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.