Dog Credited As Hero In Clayton County House Fire

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

ELLENWOOD, Ga. (AP) -- A family dog is being credited with helping a Clayton County couple and their four children escape a house fire. The dog died in the blaze.

Atlanta television station WGCL reports that a faulty dryer was the apparent cause of the fire in Ellenwood early Friday morning. The station reports that family members woke up at about 5:30 a.m. to the sound of their dog barking and discovered the house was on fire.

The two adults and four children ran out the door, but their dog did not. Family members said the dog was scared by the smoke and flames and would not come outside.

Family members said the home had working smoke detectors, but
they did not hear them.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 93846894 - wctv.tv/a?a=93846894
Gray Television, Inc.