ELLENWOOD, Ga. (AP) -- A family dog is being credited with helping a Clayton County couple and their four children escape a house fire. The dog died in the blaze.
Atlanta television station WGCL reports that a faulty dryer was the apparent cause of the fire in Ellenwood early Friday morning. The station reports that family members woke up at about 5:30 a.m. to the sound of their dog barking and discovered the house was on fire.
The two adults and four children ran out the door, but their dog did not. Family members said the dog was scared by the smoke and flames and would not come outside.
Family members said the home had working smoke detectors, but
they did not hear them.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.