National AP News | WCTV Eyewitness News: Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta

Fatal Fire in Georgia

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

ATLANTA, GA. --Two women have died in a fire at an Atlanta home
that fire officials say was cause by combustible items being too
close to a space heater.

Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin J. Cochran told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that two bodies were found inside a house on Estes Drive Southwest that burned Sunday morning. Bundridge said firefighters found one of the bodies during an initial search of the house and found the second body during a later search.

Neighbors told fire officials that one of the women was elderly
and the other was at least 50. No names have been released.

Fire officials said the blaze was reported at about 10:30 a.m.
Sunday.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112158409