Fit of Rage on the School Bus

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Lee County Sheriff's deputies say a
9-year-old girl faces multiple felony charges after a fit of rage
that began on the school bus.

Officials say the girl jumped off the school bus Monday afternoon after spitting at staff members.

A sheriff's report says a deputy saw the girl toss large pieces of asphalt at the bus, hitting the windshield next to the driver.

Authorities say the girl walked away when she saw the deputy.
She picked up a metal chair in a nearby yard and threw it at the
deputy. When he said she was under arrest, the girl resisted by
kicking and attempting to push him.

No one was injured.

She is charged with battery on a school employee and a law
enforcement office among other charges.

• by reality king Location: fla. on Nov 2, 2011 at 02:55 AM
    she probably has emotional problems or allergies or adhd or any number of things kids have today all of which i could cure with a keen switch.
  • by Fed up Location: Tlh on Nov 1, 2011 at 04:07 PM
    I would guess she is the product of a welfare woman and the male who fathered her is nowhere to be found and they are all living off the working taxpayers, as that is their lifestyle, generation after generation, spawned by the liberals who keep rewarding the sperm donors with the big welfare check, free medical and a reloaded debit card each month. When the idiots that mandate these monies are voted out, this behavior will cease.
  • by Lynette Location: Crawfordville on Nov 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    At msjones: They not only need better pay, they need also need the right to use corporal punishment. I am 51 yrs. old. I got one spanking in school for disrespecting the principle. You can bet that I never did it again. All the nay-sayers who say that corporal punishment doesn't work....sorry but you are wrong. If a child is taught at a young age that inappropriate behavior is not going to be tolerated, you wouldn't have half of the problems you have in schools nowadays. All these parents who don't believe in tearing up their fannies when they are young are letting our country become ruined. There are sooo many young people today who think everyone owes them and if they don't get what they want they show out and don't suffer any consequences for their actions. I am not saying "abuse" them, I'm saying a well placed swat on the fanny with a hand or a paddle starting at the age of around 3 (sometimes 2 with the hand) sure isn't gonna "kill" them. I don't care what anyone says, it teaches respect. Believe me, I know, because my parents never thought twice about giving me a paddling if I needed it. I would never in a million years talk to my parents or any elder for that matter the way I have heard kids talk to their parents or other elders in the last 10-15 years. It seems that it is just getting worse and worse. No respect for anyone, not even themselves.
      by In Total Agreement on Nov 2, 2011 at 07:03 AM in reply to Lynette
      Unfortunately,often times these chidlren who behave this way are from as Fed Up stated homes of "disadvanated" families(as some put it so nicely). There are even ,by the parent, so that they can be diagnosed, placed on medication and the family gets an additional check for a child with a "disablity".You would be amazed at the amount of money families receive for children labled ADHD, Asthmatic, or some other disorder. Of course this would be the families already receiving medicare, foodstamps, and goverment funding/housing etc. Because those of us that work would not even think of applying for SSI for our asthmatic/ADHD child. We continue to pay the medical bills and discipline our children. Who manage to get through school without being carried off to jail for bad behavior. Wonder how we do it and so many others are unable to?
  • by No respect Location: Tallahassee on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:45 AM
    Now this story is shameful on the parent or parents. The child has time to reverse this type of behavior but the parents need to be charged for this 9yr old actions as well as the child. Discipline starts at home, I can clearly see that's not happening. If the child is mentally challenged then we have another situation but for the sake of my comment let's assume that she is a "normal" 9yr old.......proverbs 22:6 accountability
  • by msjones on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:21 AM
    all i can say is wow... I cannot believe these kids now days. When I was coming up, there is no way in the world I would ever do any of these things kids are doing today. Being a teacher or a school bus driver has become like being a police officer. They definatly need better pay.
      by anon. on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:59 AM in reply to msjones
      I used work for a kid's arcade place and you would not believe the "tude's" yound kids have these days but it comes as no surprise when you see the "tude" the parents give to start out with. I had one girl she could not have been no more than 8 or 9 in the bathroom and was trying to break the toilet seat by slamming it several times. I asked her to stop she replied with some horible language that I as an adult will not repeat and began telling me she was going to beat me down if I ever looked at her wrong again. I went and found her mother thinking she would help the situation, boy was I wrong, the mom told me "so what's the problem?" Parents need to instill respect and morals on their kids!!! Shame on all of the parents who don't find a thing wrong with this story and these comments. No wonder the world is such a bad place.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 1, 2011 at 06:59 AM
    wonderful start that child got
  • by Anonymous on Nov 1, 2011 at 06:28 AM
    Great parenting skills...and you wonder why the prisons are full.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132989478 - wctv.tv/a?a=132989478