Good Samaritan Hit

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

ATLANTA 10-9-11

A Good Samaritan who stopped to help a driver is in critical condition after being struck by another vehicle.

Authorities are investigating the Saturday morning hit-and-run on I-85 North in DeKalb County, GA.

The unidentified Good Samaritan had stopped to assist a motorist who had lost control of his vehicle and hit a portable road sign.

Police say that after finding the driver was unharmed, the Good Samaritan ran back to his vehicle but was struck by another car that kept going.

The victim was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

• by STEVE on Oct 10, 2011 at 01:02 PM
    Probably a out of country non-citizen without travel papers. Or,perhaps an unlicensed pharmaceutical salesman.
  • by Steve Location: Not in Marietta anymore on Oct 9, 2011 at 02:56 PM
    What a bunch of hoodrats?!? When I was there I was in Cobb, and worked in Fulton. Let me put this out there folks, we have hoodrats everywhere, but we have punks in the auto insurance industry that support this s***! I won't name the hoodrat gangster company, but it starts with an 'A.' They advertise to folks not to make a claim on their insurance, and they will make the repairs...You can be the judge. Pay cash for your auto accident, and your insurance company(will not be wiser). This is only one reason, why I pay $822.64 for my coverage, and have no tickets! I can promise you and guarantee that hoodrat thug had zero insurance, and now has a criminal history, if he did not before! Hoodrats make my skin crawl!
      by Anonymous on Oct 9, 2011 at 04:54 PM in reply to Steve
      I haven't read anywhere that they know who was driving the car that ran off. If they don't know the car, or who was driving, how can this hoodrat now have a criminal record.
        by Anonymous on Oct 9, 2011 at 07:03 PM in reply to
        you'll have to pardon Steve. I think he's a lot farther gone than not in Marietta. lol
        by J on Oct 10, 2011 at 06:12 AM in reply to
        Because scum that is willing to hit a person, nearly killing them, and taking off is more likely to have a criminal history than to not have one. It is common sense.
  • by TK on Oct 9, 2011 at 01:53 PM
    Nowadays people do not care and do not stop when they hit anything that gets in front of their vehicle. I have seen it oftentimes myself. They must see an animal along the side of the road and they never even slow down! Same for people. you are fair game too. Most of them are too preoccupied with their cell phones to pay attention to their driving. They make laws to force people to wear a seatbelt but they let people ride in the back of a pickup and yack on their phones. It doesn't make any sense at all.
      by J on Oct 10, 2011 at 06:15 AM in reply to TK
      You don't make sense. Sorry that I do not want to slam on the brakes for a squirrel and cause the vehicle behind me to crash into my truck. Sorry that I do not wish to swerve for a raccoon, possibly losing control of my vehicle and crashing into a telephone pole. If you would like, from now on I will put my life and others' lives at risk in order to save the stupid little squirrels, raccoons, oppossums, etc. that run out in front of my vehicle.
  • by Susan on Oct 9, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    This is so sad, a good hearted person stops to help another and is hit....and the monster kept going. There are special places in hell for people like that.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131414593 - wctv.tv/a?a=131414593