Gov. Scott Becomes Grandfather

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

TALLAHASSEE 11/17/2011 --

Scott announced on his Facebook account Wednesday that his grandson, August Philippe Richard Guimard, was born Tuesday night.

The governor commented on his posting that his grandson was beautiful and so tiny. He listed the weight at 5 pounds, 6 ounces. He also posted a picture showing himself and his wife, Ann Scott, holding the baby.

Scott, 58, has two grown daughters. This is his first grandchild.

The governor spent Wednesday in Naples with both his daughter,
Allison, and his new grandson.

• by Dick the truth hurts on Nov 18, 2011 at 05:00 AM
    When I was stationed in Pensacola and my wife and children would go out to eat she would repeatedly have to ask local rednecks to stop cursing in front of our small sons. Nothing has changed in north Florida in the past ten years for us. To all the local redneck trash that make insulting comments about the governor, who act like idiots and protest him and jeer him at parades, you are the reason both he and Bush live in south Florida. You are the reason people from Tampa to Boca to Coral Gables don't consider north Florida as part of western civilization. You are the reason there won't be a large corporate jobs coming here anytime soon. The problem is you.
      by Jake on Nov 18, 2011 at 06:27 AM in reply to Dick the truth hurts
      Maybe you should not go to dinner in a Navy bar.
        by Dick the truth hurts on Nov 18, 2011 at 07:18 AM in reply to Jake
        It was always civilian restaurants.
  • by RICKY BOBBY on Nov 17, 2011 at 05:32 PM
    AS MUCH AS I AM IN DISAGREEMENT IN GOV. SCOTTS :MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY POLITICS; THIS IS ONE TIME WHERE WE SHOULD NOT CROSS THE LINE, ALL CHILDREN ARE BLESSINGS FROM GOD AND I WILL NOT BE NEGATIVE WITH REGARDS TO THIS ARTICLE, CONGRATS....
  • by state employee Location: fl on Nov 17, 2011 at 02:31 PM
    who cares. i say his children, and grandchildren should suffer the same pains, and poverty that all working folks suffer at the hands of slick rick. oh, and by the way, was it state insurance that paid this doctor, and hospital bill? or did rick kiss my royal pay for it out of his own pocket? since he doesn't care about me, and my familly, i don't care about his, or hearing about it.i hope they all end up on government assistance, and have to be drug tested to become elidgable for it.
      by God Bless America on Nov 18, 2011 at 05:30 AM in reply to state employee
      You should quit you state job. You are probably being paid well for doing nothing.
  • by anonymous on Nov 17, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    I want to see a DNA test first, and maybe a urine test too. Make that a definite urine test.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011 at 01:42 PM
    I absolutely can't believe what I'm reading here. This is why our country is so messed up. Shaking my head and logging off.
  • by Anonymous Location: Tallahassee on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    ROFL! Good One Anonymous, but then again, you usually do make me smile. Congratulations Gov. Scott on the birth of your grand-daughter. May she live long and be blessed by God.
  • by STEVE on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild.
      by FTFY on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM in reply to STEVE
      Don't you mean hatchling?
      by state employee on Nov 17, 2011 at 03:09 PM in reply to STEVE
      apparently, you don't work for the state. i hope they all end up in jail, or on welfare
  • by Floridian Location: Tallahassee on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    And this is news why???? I am sure there are lot's of people becoming grandparents everyday and we don't see this reported in the news. Who cares??
      by Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM in reply to Floridian
      You must have because you posted about it. lol
      by Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM in reply to Floridian
      ...because he's the Governor of our state...like it or not. Atleast it is good news. Now, take that chip off your shoulder and show some respect.
        by Jagged Edge on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM in reply to
        Scott is a criminal scumbag who deserves no respect. Hope the kid pees all over him.
        by Floridian on Nov 17, 2011 at 01:14 PM in reply to
        Don't have a "chip on my shoulder" as you put it. Just because he is governor doesn't mean we have to know he became a grandfather, again I ask who cares???
        by state employee on Nov 17, 2011 at 02:36 PM in reply to
        oh yeah right. like he show's so much respect for the working class. get a friggin grip you piece of trash. and i don't like that he's the governor! and the only i see, is the big chip he's taken out of my paycheck. but the teamsters represent us now. so slick rick is in for one big challenge.
          by me on Nov 17, 2011 at 03:16 PM in reply to state employee
          I hope your dues go up and you get "dovetailed".
          by Dick on Nov 18, 2011 at 07:21 AM in reply to state employee
          I left the state of Florida welfare/employee system and in the private sector now. I make much more than I did before but I work much more and have to be flexible too. I don't have to hire teamsters to try to keep my job safe. I keep my job safe by working my a.. off and providing quality work with a good attitude of "whatever it takes to get the job done." You should try the same.
      by God Bless America on Nov 17, 2011 at 02:07 PM in reply to Floridian
      It's news because he is the Governor. I care.
  • by Carla Location: Florida on Nov 17, 2011 at 09:59 AM
    And, this is news because????? People become Grandparents everyday!
      by Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM in reply to Carla
      ...because he's the Governor of our state...why dont you put your low life trashy manners away and congratulate someone on a new life.
        by t on Nov 17, 2011 at 01:31 PM in reply to
        someone seems pretty defensive... sheesh.
        by state employee on Nov 17, 2011 at 03:15 PM in reply to
        i've got a new grandson. i didn't see anything from that felon rick scott congradulating me. he should be in prison for the crimes he's committed. but he's rich, and the worst governor in floridas history. like i said, who cares about him, or his familly. not me.
  • by Boland Location: Tallahassee on Nov 17, 2011 at 09:20 AM
    A beautiful Thanksgiving Blessing for you and your family.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134031013 - wctv.tv/a?a=134031013