J. Lo and Marc Anthony Split

By: CBS/AP
By: CBS/AP

New York, NY (CBS/AP) - Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are calling it quits after seven years of marriage. The superstar couple announced on Friday they are breaking up.

"We have decided to end our marriage," the pair said in a statement. "This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters."

"It is a painful time for all involved," the statement continues, "and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."

Lopez, 41, and Anthony, 42, married in 2004 and have 3-year-old twins, Max and Emme.

It's Lopez's third marriage, and Anthony's second.

• by Foxgloves Location: Tlh on Jul 17, 2011 at 04:48 PM
    I agree with Heywood. Who cares? A great waste of space to even report these people who play musical beds.
  • by gravelyconcern Location: S.FL on Jul 16, 2011 at 08:23 AM
    o.k. Diddy your woman is free - GO CLAIM HER!
  • by UH OH on Jul 16, 2011 at 07:51 AM
    Isn't he a heroin addict? I wonder why she had children with him? He is a walking corpse. Some women make bad choices.
  • by Woohoo on Jul 16, 2011 at 07:47 AM
    I remembered seeing an episode of Extra when they were interviewing Mark Anthony and he had a camera on Jlo when she was away so he could watch her. I thought at the time that is just creepy she has no privacy or chance to get away. I caught from the start that he was very controlling, this was a warning sign when they are controlling like that this escalates to abuse. It was clear that he did not trust her if he was keeping such close reign and tabs on her. She was living in a prison. I am so glad that she is freeing herself of this man. The sad part is she will have to deal with him for 15 more years until her children are 18. Woohoo Jlo!
  • by Heywood Jablomi on Jul 16, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    WHO CARES?????
  • by dog Location: gone on Jul 16, 2011 at 06:45 AM
    Did he finally come out of the closet?
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on Jul 16, 2011 at 06:30 AM
    She's been ringing my cell for weeks now. I only hope Marc A. doesn't blame me for all this.
  • by The Original Location: Perry on Jul 15, 2011 at 08:30 PM
    What did she ever see in that twerp anyway?
  • by Jim Location: Gadsden County on Jul 15, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    Great
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 125665478 - wctv.tv/a?a=125665478