Soldier Surprises Wife at Family Dinner

By: Michelle Meredith Email
By: Michelle Meredith Email

EUSTIS, FL 10/28/2011 --

It all went down at the neighborhood Chick-Fil-A.

24-year-old Amy Reed knew her husband Army Staff Sgt. Chris Reed was coming home from Afghanistan soon, but she didn't know when.

So Amy's dad hatched a plan to stage a reunion at Chick-Fil-A.

"I honestly could not believe it... I thought it was a dream... I thought If I screamed I would wake up," said Reed.

Staff Sgt. Chris Reed just left to report back to Ft. Drum in New York. In May the family will transfer to a base in Missouri. Bottom line, no more deployments.

• by Dustin Location: Tally on Oct 28, 2011 at 05:32 PM
    Welcome back to the states, SGT. Have fun in Ft. Lost in the Woods of Misery. I loved running the rollercoaster, hope you do too!
  • by Fred Location: Tallahassee on Oct 28, 2011 at 03:36 PM
    God Bless you Sgt. Reed for your service and God Bless your wife for her sacrifice. We are all so proud of you.
  • by Deborah on Oct 28, 2011 at 01:27 PM
    "WELCOME WLCOME HOME, Staff SRGT REED" Thankyou Thankyou for serveing to fight for our USA. I have a Nephew Timothy J Dorman In the airforce staff SRGT Would You Happend to Know know him.
      by Anonymous on Oct 28, 2011 at 08:40 PM in reply to Deborah
      Army? Air Force? Like they share a tent!
  • by Ashley Location: Thomasville on Oct 28, 2011 at 08:52 AM
    Welcome Home! Many thanks to you and your family.
  • by Grateful Location: Tallahassee on Oct 28, 2011 at 08:01 AM
    Thank you Sgt Reed and family for your service to this country. This story brought tears to my eyes. Welcome home!
  • by US Soldier on Oct 28, 2011 at 07:37 AM
    From Soldier to Soldier, Welcome home battle!! Enjoy time with your family and I hope Ft Leonard Wood treats you well!!!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 28, 2011 at 07:08 AM
    Awesome story! These never get old. Welcome home soldier. Thank you for your service and God bless!
  • by Milly Location: Florida on Oct 28, 2011 at 05:57 AM
    I just love these heartwarming stories! Thank you for your service SSgt Reed!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132774038 - wctv.tv/a?a=132774038