Trespassing Arrests During Bank of America Protests

BOSTON, MA - October 3 - Two dozen protesters were arrested for trespassing during a demonstration against Bank of America.

The gathering took place at the banking giant's offices in downtown Boston.
In response to its foreclosure practices.

About three thousand in attendance saying the company's lending practices are unfair.

Bank of America has recently come under fire for plans to charge customers a fee for using their own debit cards.

Company officials say the extra money is needed because of the foreclosure mess.

• by Reagan Republican on Oct 3, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    If Bank of America or any other bank charges fees that a customer does not want to pay then if possible close your account and move to another bank or credit union. You need to show Bank of America that you are the boss of your money!
  • by mike Location: tally on Oct 3, 2011 at 05:07 PM
    I guess they need more money for their extravagant parties, the money they are saving because of the layoffs isn't enough. Hey Obama waste taxpayers money and bail them out again!!
      by W on Oct 4, 2011 at 05:49 AM in reply to mike
      Mike, it was Bush who bailed out the banks, Obama was only a senator at the time.
        by Anonymous on Oct 4, 2011 at 09:04 PM in reply to W
        Senator Obama supported TARP but as President Obama and Geithner decided who received funds from TARP.
  • by Anony Mouse Location: Tallahassee, Florida on Oct 3, 2011 at 03:41 PM
    This is very complicated. You put you dividends into an institution that's supposed to pay you a dividend? Where do I begin? You MUST read and understand these "changes" to your accounts. I once had one with Wells Fargo that started like a leech, and ended like a shark! With this fee, and that fee, and internet access, well my account was dormant because I went to the east. In maybe six months they took my balance to zero, just because they say "do this without paper, it will save you money." By the time you open an e-mail from Wells Fargo, you owe them! Enough said, carry on.........
  • by Bush Republican on Oct 3, 2011 at 02:28 PM
    I support these hikes because we the stockholders of Bank of America will benefit. If Bank of America cannot install these fees then we need another bank and Wall Street friendly Republican back in office like Bush because he'll have his treasury secretary Hank Paulson give Bank of America another $800 Billion. If Hank doesn't give the banks the taxpayer money within 48 hours then the sky will fall.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    BOFa recently eliminated its Unsecured Credit Line productlinked to checking accounts without legally notifiying customers either by mail or electronically beforehand. As a result, peoples checks bounced despite their legal contract with BOFA. Customers have the power to dispute these suspicious business activities and monthly debit card fees, by collectively withdrawing and closing our accounts on the same day...we do have the power to demand better and change the "Too Big to Fail Attitude."
  • by move on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    Move your business to other banks. This corporate greed will defeat itself.
  • by Voice of Reason Location: Florida on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    Is anyone surprised about this fee? OF COURSE banks are going to charge it, now that the federal government in its wisdom decided to limit the money banks can earn on each debit card transaction. BoA is the first to announce the fee, but they're not likely to be the last. The banks are passing their costs right on to consumers, as anyone who knows anything about business could've predicted they would.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    I already left Barnett before B o A took over. I have not used my Visa card [and still refuse to] for years. All of the top execs need to take a pay and benefits cut, stop the stupid fees or all existing customers just need to close all accounts and take your money out on the same day and literally close them by making a "run on the bank". For years we have seen B o A compete with WellsFargo to be "the only bank" in the nation just like WalMart wants to be the only merchant. Let your money be your voice as they will never listen to anyone (just like most politicians).
  • by Not a sucka on Oct 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    I dumped B o A years ago when they were passing out loans to illegals, chopped my card up and took out all my money. I hope they go under.
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on Oct 3, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    What abunch of wussy's..... I remember B 4 ATM's. Some banks were only open 10 - 2 daily, closed on Wed.'s @ noon and NEVER on Saturday. Hence the expression, "whata ya' got - banker hours?" I hate fees, but I LOVE 24 hour banking. ATM - ALL Time Money. BTW, the ultimate protest is not to use one.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130962558 - wctv.tv/a?a=130962558