[UPDATE] Verdict Reached in Shamrock St. Stabbing

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

[UPDATE] 2.15.2012 by Julie Montanaro - 1:24pm

The jury has come back with a verdict in the case of a Tallahassee man on trial for attempted murder.

Victor Olivares was arrested after a confrontation at a Killearn apartment last June.

Olivares was found not guilty of attempted murder and burglary.

Olivares was found guilty of Aggravated Assault and Battery.

He will be sentenced next month.

___________________________

UPDATED 2.15.2012 by Julie Montanaro

The jury began deliberating just before 11 this morning. We will update when a verdict is reached.

-----------------------------------------

UPDATED 2.14.2012 by Julie Montanaro

Victor Olivares is now on trial for attempted murder, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and armed burglary.

-------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 6-3-2011 at 6:43 pm

This morning at approximately 6:12a.m. Tallahassee Police officers responded to 3711 Shamrock St West in reference to an altercation. As officers arrived and began to investigate the incident, TPD received a call of an injured person at McDonald’s, 3245 Thomasville Rd, in need of medical assistance. Upon arrival at McDonald’s, Officer’s determined the person to be the suspect from 3711 Shamrock St. West.

Further investigation revealed the suspect, who was previously involved in a romantic relationship with victim Massion, had arrived at the residence and a confrontation ensued between the suspect and the occupants of the apartment. During the altercation the suspect received a serious knife injury. The suspect fled the residence and was later transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital via EMS.

The victims are Emilia Massion (Hispanic female, 40 years old), Miguel Toledo (Hispanic male, 35 years old), Oscar Godoy-Saldana (Hispanic male, unknown age adult). Massion and Toledo received minor injuries during the altercation and were treated on scene.

The suspect has been identified as Victor Olivares (Hispanic male, 38 years old). He is still at TMH recovering from his injuries. Olivares is being charged with 2 counts Attempted Murder with additional charges pending. Upon release he will be transported to the Leon County Jail.

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 06-03-2011 at 4:30pm by Jerry Askin

A Tallahassee apartment complex was the scene of an early morning stabbing.

Raymond Appiah's didn't have a typical Friday morning. He woke up to hear about someone stabbed only feet away from his apartment.

He says, "It was new to my ears, I was really shocked. Ever since I came here, I seen this place as a very cool neighborhood and I've never heard anything like this before."

Tallahassee Police responded to a home at the Shamrock Village Apartments on Shamrock Drive. Around 6:15 Friday morning, police got calls about an altercation. Neighbors say it was a domestic dispute involving two people who live at the complex and a third person.

Police say the third guy who was apart of the altercation was stabbed at the Shamrock Apartments and that's when he left and came to the McDonalds on Thomasville Road. Then police say he was taken to TMH.

David Northway from the Tallahassee Police Department says, "I guess he stopped there for help and was taken to TMH for help and from there I don't know what happened."

People who live in the neighborhood say they're now taking extra precautions.

"I just got to hope for the best, keep my doors locked, " says Mary Tucker.

"We are gonna be good neighbors by being vigilant. We're going to look out for our neighbors and make sure everything is fine," says Raymond Appiah.

TPD is still not releasing the names of anyone involved. We did ask police how severe the man's stab wounds were....all they would say is that he's still in the hospital.
______________________________________________________
UPDATE 6-3 2:05 pm

WCTV called the Tallahassee Police Department and they have not released any new information on the stabbing at this time.

----------------------------------

UPDATE 6-3 Noon

Tallahassee, FL - Tallahassee Police are investigating an early morning stabbing at a local apartment complex.

TPD got calls about an altercation between two residents and one other person. It happened around 6 o clock this morning at the Shamrock Village Apartments

Police say one of the residents stabbed the suspect during the incident. One residents had minor injuries. But police are not saying if it's the resident who stabbed the suspect. According to police, the suspect left the scene and stopped at the McDonalds at 3438 Thomasville Road. He was then transported to TMH for treatment. Neighbors at the apartment complex this morning are still in disbelief.

Mary Tucker, a resident at Shamrock Village Apartments, says,
"I mean anything can happen, I mean obviously this is a quiet place and you got to be careful to whatever happens because it can happen anywhere to anyone."

No arrests have been made, but police say everyone involved has been accounted for. Officers are still not releasing the names of the victims or the suspect.

------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] 6-3 8:00am

TPD officers responded to 3711 Shamrock Dr at around 6:12am in response to a report of an altercation between two residents and a the suspect.

One of the residents suffered from minor injuries. The suspect was stabbed during the incident. The suspect then fled the scene and stopped at the McDonalds at 3438 Thomasville Rd. He has been taken to TMH.

No arrests have been made, but all parties are accounted for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tallahassee Police are on the scene of a suspicious incident the McDonalds on Thomasville Road.
Police will not confirm any details at this time. WCTV has a reporter on the scene and will bring you more information as it becomes available.

• by miguel Toledo on Feb 17, 2012 at 01:01 AM
    The legal sistem has fail us again!!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 16, 2012 at 07:04 AM
    Bob don't judge people by their name, no everyone is illegal in this country!
  • by bob Location: Tallahassee on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM
    are these people illegal aliens if so lets deport them.
  • by Daniela Location: Shamrock on Jun 20, 2011 at 02:37 PM
    Emilia Massion was not the victim, that was the answer of living a life with so many men, you can't play games, it's not good to play with the people, Victor Olivares used to be a good man and this woman destroyed his life
  • by Anonymous Location: Tallahassee on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    Dream act. Amnesty? Just curious.....
  • by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2011 at 08:46 AM
    The need to start executing people on the front steps of the capital for this type of antisocial behavior and make it MANDATORY viewing for all citizens of the state. Then when people see that murder, attempted murder, rape, and other violent crimes against the people are punished quickly and severely then we will see a reduction in crime rate.
  • by Ricky Location: Tallahassee on Jun 5, 2011 at 07:56 AM
    Could they have picked a more arrogant PIO @ TPD?
  • by FL Nana on Jun 5, 2011 at 07:50 AM
    A member of my family lived in these apartments for awhile. They never had any roaches, the pool was always spotless and there was a washer-dryer hookup in the apartment. Management always responded day or night if a repair was needed. Upon application for an apartment you also had to sign a form giving permission to do a criminal background check. Bad things can happen anywhere, but it's not right to slam the management for things that aren't true.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2011 at 04:50 PM
    no officer thats just ketchup on my shirt
  • by Mary Location: Shamrock on Jun 4, 2011 at 01:05 PM
    I can't believe that this happened here, I really don't like to have neighbors like her, this woman should find another place to be with their men, I don't want Shamrock to become a dangerous place
      by Are you serious?! on Jun 12, 2011 at 08:26 PM in reply to Mary
      So it's the victims fault she got assaulted? She should be the one at fault? You've got to be joking. It's not her fault she had a crazy ex. Heck, we ALL have crazy exes. I really don't see your point of view here, Ms. Mary. I know if I got assaulted by an ex of mine involving a weapon I would certainly have him arrested but I would not move. Am I supposed to uproot my whole family just because some stupid person (who is now going to jail) tried to hurt me because he was jealous of my new life without him? Certainly Not! I do not feel that your life is in danger since your crazy exes do not know where you live, but I suggest if they do YOU should move but only if you think they'll wake you up standing over you in the early morning holding a knife to you. I sure hope your family protects you like Ms. Maisson's family protected her.
        by Daniela on Jun 20, 2011 at 02:41 PM in reply to Are you serious?!
        I think that Mary have the right, nobody likes to live with this kind of person, it's true sometimes there are crazy people, but in this case she was not the victim, she was dating the two guys and playing with them, I think Emilia massion is guilty
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123090773 - wctv.tv/a?a=123090773