Big Bend Crime Stoppers
Sheriff's Office Releases Names of Oregon Shooting Victims
- The victims who were killed on Thursday when a gunman opened fire on a English class at Oregon's Umpqua Community College, killing nine and injuring nine others, have been identified by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Correctional Officer in Training Arrested
- A correctional officer in training is now behind bars.
Eric Sheppard Indicted by Grand Jury
- Eric Sheppard, the man accused of bringing a gun onto the Valdosta State University campus, has been indicted by a grand jury.
Both Men Found Guilty in Tallahassee Murder Trial
- Trevon Dennis and Christopher Simmons have been found guilty of first degree murder in the 2013 shooting death of 16-year-old Chad Anderson.
Teen Arrested in Connection with September Home Invasion, Battery
- A Teen is accused of breaking into a home and beating the residents during an attempted robbery, deputies say.
3 Dead, 1 Injured in Levy Co. Shooting
- Authorities say three people are dead and one is critically injured after a shooting at a north Florida home.
Hurricane Joaquin Batters the Bahamas
- Hurricane Joaquin is moving slowly northwestward as of 5 a.m. Friday as it batters the central Bahamas.
12 Arrested on Drug Charges in Franklin County
- 12 people have been arrested in connection with a drug investigation in Franklin County.
Bristol Man Sentenced for Domestic Violence Charges
- A Florida man has been sentenced to 151 months in prison for interstate domestic violence and interstate violation of a protection order.
Florida Baby Can't Crawl After Drinking Mom's Methadone
- A southwest Florida mother has been arrested after authorities say her 1-year-old son drank some of her methadone and is now partially blind.
Human Trafficking, 'Revenge Porn' Highlight New Laws to Take Effect Thursday
- 27 new laws go into effect in Florida Thursday including laws dealing with 'revenge porn' and human trafficking.
Man Pleads Not Guilty to Removing Cellmate's Eyeballs
- A 33-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to strangling an LGBT activist and, months later, gauging out the eyeballs of a cellmate.
2 Florida Correctional Officers Arrested
- Two correctional officers have been arrested following investigations by the Office of Inspector General.
Valdosta Police Looking for Burglary Suspect
- The Valdosta Police Department is looking for 58-year-old Calvin Fernando Green, currently wanted for 2 burglaries.
TPD Sergeant Accused of Soliciting Prostitute Fired from Department
- The Tallahassee Police Department has confirmed that Brian Davis was fired last Thursday. The termination comes from an internal affairs administrative investigation.
Officer-Involved Shooting in Decatur County
- Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Decatur County.
Methamphetamine Found in Dead Georgia Baby
- Authorities say an infant found dead in her mother's bed in Coweta County had methamphetamine in her system.
Georgia Executes First Woman in 70 Years
- Kelly Renee Gissendaner was pronounced dead at 12:21 a.m. Wednesday at the state prison in Jackson.
15-Year-Old Florida Teen Facing Attempted Murder Charges
- Authorities say a 15-year-old Fort Walton Beach teen is facing attempted murder charges for shooting his older brother.
Dozier School for Boys Facing Uncertain Future
- Governor Rick Scott and the Florida Cabinet listened today to pleas to save the former Dozier School for Boys as a monument to the kids that lost their lives there while in state custody.
More Big Bend Crime Stoppers