Big Bend Crime Stoppers
VPD Searching for Suspect in Downtown Sexual Assault, Robbery
Posted: 12:24 PM
- Valdosta police are still searching for a robbery and sexual assault suspect from an incident last week.
Grady County Residents Convicted of Burning Houses in Insurance Scam
- Three people from Cairo have been convicted in an insurance scam.
Official: Ex-Prison Guards Took Part in Painkiller Distribution Ring
- Authorities in north Florida say more than 50 people, including 10 former corrections officers, participated in a painkiller distribution ring that involved sneaking the drugs into Florida State Prison.
Local Man Sentenced in Horse Neglect Case
- A Leon County man was sentenced Friday after being convicted of several charges related to horse neglect.
Escaped Inmates Now in Custody, Family Ties Connected to Escape
- After days of searching, Joshua Fountain and James Waldron are now in custody
Man Steals Beer Truck, Runs Over Own Leg
- Columbus police say a man has been hospitalized after stealing a beer truck and then running himself over as he tried to elude police.
Officials: 2 Dead in Murder-Suicide at Tampa Hospital
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies have released the name of the man they say fatally shot a woman at a Tampa hospital and then shot himself.
Deadly 2014 Gas Station Shooting Trial Ends
- Trial ends with confusion, Selvin Shaw enters plea instead
Armed Robbery Reported Near FAMU Campus
- Tallahassee police are searching for two suspects in an armed robbery near FAMU's campus.
Man Sentenced to 5 Years for Burglary, Claimed to be Sleepwalking
- A southwest Florida man who claimed he was sleepwalking when he broke into a neighbor's house has been sentenced to five years in prison.
Four Arrested for Organized Theft Ring Targeting Rent Checks
- Four suspects have been arrested in Florida, accused of travelling across the state to steal hundreds of rent checks.
Former Prison Guard Sentenced to 2 Years for Accepting Bribes
- A former corrections officer at a federal prison in central Florida has been sentenced to two years in prison for accepting bribes.
GBI Arrests Husband and Wife in Child Abuse Case
- A husband and wife in South Georgia were arrested this week as part of a child abuse investigation.
Valdosta Man Accused of Tweeting Bomb Threat
- A Valdosta man was arrested Thursday after police say he tweeted a bomb threat.
Thrasher: One Year Following Shooting, FSU is 'Stronger than Ever'
- Friday marks the one year anniversary of shootings at Strozier Library on the campus of Florida State University. School president John Thrasher has released a statement remembering the incident.
Georgia Voters Warned to be Vigilant after Personal Data Release
- Secretary of State Brian Kemp says registered voters in Georgia should stay vigilant for signs of fraud and identity theft after his office released personal information for more than 6 million people.
Inmate Found Dead in Panhandle Jail Infirmary
- Authorities say an inmate has died at a Florida Panhandle jail.
Former FSU Professor Found Guilty of Embezzlement
- A federal jury has found a former Florida State University professor guilty of embezzlement.
Ex-Subway Pitchman Fogle Sentenced to More than 15 Years in Prison
- A judge has sentenced former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle to 15 years and eight months in prison for trading in child pornography and having sex with underage prostitutes.
Man Arrested in Shooting that Injured 4 at Tallahassee Trailer Park
- A man is charged with four counts of attempted murder after a shooting at a Tallahassee trailer park earlier this month.
More Big Bend Crime Stoppers