Big Bend Crime Stoppers
Boy Says He Sang Gospel Song, Abductor Freed Him
Updated: 2:52 PM
- A 9-year-old Atlanta boy who police say was abducted for a short time from his driveway is being praised by community leaders for his calm as he sang the gospel song "Every Praise" until the man released him.
Gretna Police Crime Down 55% Since 2010
- In recent years, the Gretna Police Department launched a three step program to reduce crime similar to predictive policing.
Senate Amends Juvenile Sentencing Bill
- The Florida Senate has amended a bill from the House that re-works mandatory life sentences for juveniles.
Theft Victim Says Recent Murder Preventable
- A theft victim says a recent murder could've been prevented if her case had been effectively prosecuted.
TPD Warns Against Latest Financial Scam
- The Tallahassee Police Department’s Financial Crimes Unit would like to remind everyone to be mindful of web-based scams that are ever-present in our daily lives.
Florida Executes Man Convicted Of Murdering 2
- Florida has executed a man convicted of murdering two relatives to prevent one of them from testifying against him in a burglary trial.
Second Suspect Arrested In Cheeks Lounge Shooting [GALLERY]
- Second man arrested in nightclub hold up
Tallahassee Police Searching For Wal-Mart Robbery Suspect
- The male attempted to steal numerous items and was confronted by a store employee as he tried to leave
Former Federal Correctional Officer Pleas Guilty To Sexual Relations With Inmate
Updated: 2:52 PM
- Angel Santiago, 43, of Ambrose, Georgia, pleaded guilty today to knowingly engaging in a sexual act with a federal prisoner.
Commercial Gambling Investigation Leads To Arrest, Search Warrants In Thomas County
- On Wednesday,April 16, 2014, the GBI’s Commercial Gambling Unit, along with the Thomasville Police Department,executed two search warrants for violations of Georgia’s commercial gambling laws.
TPD Investigating Downtown Vandalism
- The Tallahassee Police Department is investigating numerous acts of vandalism occurring in the area of College Avenue and Duval Street. Some of the criminal acts were captured on video.
Driver In Florida Day Care Crash Had No Drugs [GALLERY]
Updated: 2:52 PM
- The driver of a car that crashed into a day care center after being rear-ended by an SUV has tested negative for driving under the influence.
Florida Woman Sentenced For Leaving Pets To Die
- A Florida Panhandle judge sentenced a woman to a year and a day in prison for leaving six starving pets in her Gulf Breeze home.
Driver Flees From MCSO, Deputies Find Cocaine
- Madison County Sheriff Ben Stewart reports that on Tuesday April 15, 2014 at 7:22 pm, a Madison County Sheriff’s Deputy attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a Silver four door sedan for committing a traffic violation at the intersection of US 90 and 221 South in Greenville.
Tallahassee Mother Helps States Track Criminals
- Tallahassee mother calls award "bittersweet," helps victims of crime in wake of daughter's murder
Father Sues Tallahassee Police Officer
- A father is suing a Tallahassee Police officer and the city after the officer removed his daughter from his home.
Man Gets Life Sentence For Tallahassee Murder
- A jury deliberated for four hours before finding Jacob Thomas guilty of first degree murder in the shooting death of Steven Brown.
Man Arrested For Attempted Homicide Following Botched Drug Deal
- A man is hospitalized, anther in jail following a drug deal gone wrong near Lincoln High School late Sunday evening.
Authorities Search For Man Who Posed As Lawyer
- Authorities are searching for a 44-year-old convicted child abuser now accused of posing as an attorney to con a convict's family out of $70,000.
5 Mos. Prison For Michigan Man In Florida Wildlife Case
- A Michigan man has been sentenced to five months in prison for his role in a South Florida wildlife trafficking operation that included the poaching of baby alligators.
More Big Bend Crime Stoppers