Tallahassee, Florida (Press Release) --
The following is a press release issued by the Tallahassee Police Department:
In an effort to stop crime before it happens, the Tallahassee Police Department reminds everyone to lock doors and windows and to avoid leaving valuable items in plain view. Historical trends indicate summer months bring an increase in burglaries, both residential and auto.
Tallahassee has recently experienced a rash of burglaries where lawn equipment is the target item that is being stolen. The suspect(s) are forcing entry into sheds or utility trailers and taking everything from lawn mowers to weed eaters. By following a few precautions and by being proactive, citizens can help prevent theft.
TPD reminds everyone:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Leave interior and exterior lights on at night.
- Always make sure the doors and windows are locked before leaving for the night.
- Write down all serial numbers to your personal property and keep in a safe place.
- If you have an alarm, make sure the alarm company has updated information on key holders.
IF YOU FIND THAT YOUR HOME/SHED/TRAILER/VEHICLE HAS BEEN BURGLARIZED:
- Notify the police immediately.
- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING; you might destroy evidence.
Citizens can request a free residential security survey by contacting the Tallahassee Police Department Community Relations Unit at 850-891-4251 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
The full press release is attached above.