Tallahassee, FL -- October 23, 2011
On October 22, 2011 at about 10:50pm, an armed robbery occurred on Academic Way near the Business Building on the north end of campus. A male and a female where walking together when they were approached by two males, one of whom was armed with a handgun. The suspects demanded the victim's belongings and fled south from the area. Police did an immediate search of the area, but the suspects had already fled.
The suspects are described as follows:
Suspect 1 - Black male approximately 25-30 years of age. Height 5'11', 180 lbs, Dark colored jacket.
Suspect 2 - Black male approximately 25-30 years of age. Height 6'00, 200 lbs, Dark colored jacket, wearing a white/blue and black beanie cap. Facial hair beard or goatee. Armed with a small handgun.
The FSU Police Department is actively investigating this case and requests that anyone who may have information concerning this offense or the suspects, to please call the FSUPD at 850-644-1234. Persons who wish to remain anonymous can contact Big Bend Crime Stoppers at 850-574-TIPS. Remember, with Crime Stoppers, you do not have to give your name and the information you provide may make you eligible for a reward of up to 1000 dollars.
Crime Prevention Tips
1. Avoid walking alone at night. Walking in a group may reduce the risk of becoming the victim of a crime.
2. When out and about, stay in well lighted and populated areas. Criminals often seek isolated people to victimize.
3. Report suspicious persons or behavior immediately to police.
4. If you are confronted by a robber, do not resist to protect possessions. Items can be replaced.
5. If you are the victim of a crime, call police as soon as safely possible.
This information is brought to you as a public service of the FSU Police Department, and is intended to provide you with information to assist you in making sound decisions concerning your safety.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.