GCSO: Elderly Couple Attacked at Home

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Cairo, Georgia - April 27, 2012 -

According to investigators with the Grady County Sheriff's Office, GCSO received a 911 call around 2am on April 25th. Deputies responded to a home at 958 Bryant Road in Cairo, Georgia. The residents, Sammy and Linda Scarboro, both in their 70's, had been attacked by an unidentified man when the man entered their home.

As of this time, it is unknown if anything was taken and extent of the injuries the couple sustained. Mrs. Scarboro is still at Tallahassee Memorial.

Investigators say Sammy made the 911 call.

GBI is taking the lead on the investigation.

Stay with WCTV for updates.

• by maryann Location: canada on May 26, 2012 at 01:46 PM
    Linda was a friend of mine lang ago in school. She was then and has continued to be a good lady. Why the inference of the hoodie or race? There are all sorts of bad people in this world, and they come in all colours, religions and backgrounds...Who ever this perpatrator was, the biggest help is to try and remember anything to help the olice investigation, After all these years someone needs to cop on that toting a gun is no gaurantee of safety, or security. Get better soon Linda, Sam, I can't imagine how difficult all this is for you. and yes, I do know what this kind of tragedy means, we lost our son last year to an attack, and our grandson the year before to a drunk driver...but killing anyone doesn't bring them back.
  • by J.D. Location: Virginia on May 4, 2012 at 07:32 PM
    Comments,keep refering to couple as OLD,70 is not old folks.We can danc rings around this generation. L.S. is a beautiful,active lady. The freak(s) who did this will reap the wrath of God. Prayers will be answered.
  • by anonymous on May 1, 2012 at 01:28 PM
    WCTV, are you going to update us on Mrs. Linda's condition, or the status of the case?
  • by elizabeth Location: tallahassee on Apr 30, 2012 at 05:53 AM
    How dare u do this to our friends. I've lived there half of my life and know people on the street. I will pray that u r caught and punished. I lift the family in prayer and pray Mrs. Scarborough is better soon.
  • by elizabeth Location: tallahassee on Apr 30, 2012 at 05:38 AM
  • by unknown on Apr 29, 2012 at 05:21 PM
    To clem108, How do you know that? Is that an educated guess or an experienced quest? Sounds like you know something about this crime that the rest of us don't. Perhaps it was you who committed this crime.
  • by GradyOleFolks on Apr 29, 2012 at 07:12 AM
    Hey Georgia people...whether the Florida do gooders and liberals understand the "stand your ground law" or not, this is a good example of why law abiding citizens need it. Be sure we don't allow our politicians to start trying to change our law. It is a crazy world that lets the thugs win. If I'm in my own home minding my own business and I have someone come in on me, you can be sure...given the time to react the court system won't be bothered with having to deal with the incident....I will put an end to it under my own roof. To even think I should retreat in this situation is where the liberal thinking of today has taken us! I guess the next thing will be that I'm expected to offer them a cup of coffee and a slice of cake???
  • by anonymous Location: Tallahassee on Apr 28, 2012 at 04:13 PM
    Mrs. Scarborough did not go into a coma. Just wanted to make sure information is correct that the viewers are reading.Hopefully good tips will keep coming in so we can put the person away for a very long time.
  • by jack on Apr 28, 2012 at 05:57 AM
    Grady County S.O. will go after this perp and give him the max. The tips will come in and hopefully be captured soon. Pray for the victims.
  • by BMW Location: Tallahassee on Apr 28, 2012 at 04:06 AM
    OMG....All of you are.......
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 149271185 - wctv.tv/a?a=149271185