On June 17, 2011 at about 2:25am, a current FSU student reported that he was robbed near the Housewright Music Building as he walked home. The victim reported that he was approached by four subjects who got out of a car, one of whom held a knife and demanded his belongings. The victim complied and the suspects fled.
The victim described the suspects as follows:
Four black males one of whom was about 5 ft 10 in in height with dreadlock style hair. The males were reported to be in a late model blue Honda Civic. No other description was available to police.
The FSU Police Department is actively investigating this case and requests any information that may be available concerning events related to this incident. Information may be reported anonymously via Big Bend Crime Stoppers by calling 850 574 TIPS. Remember, with Crime Stoppers you do not have to give your name and you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1000.
Crime Prevention Tips
1. Criminals will often seek to isolate victims. Avoid walking alone at night or in isolated areas.
2. Stay in well lighted areas that are populated by other people who may be potential witnesses. This may discourage a criminal.
3. Avoid carrying large sums of cash or wearing obvious expensive items, such as jewelry. Valuables can appear enticing to a robber.
4. In the event that you are robbed, remember, items can be replaced. If a robber demands property, compliance with property demands can be a factor in avoiding injury.
5. Always call police when a person or situation appears suspicious. If something appears suspicious to you, then it will to the police as well. When in doubt, have it checked out.
6. When you go out, tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return. In the event that you are late, someone will know to look for you or contact authorities.