News Release: Tallahassee Police Department
On April 23,2014 the Tallahassee Police Department’s Career Criminal Unit arrested Drametrius Wilcoxson. Mr. Wilcoxson had multiple outstanding fraud related warrants stemming from an investigation by TPD’s Financial Crimes Unit. Mr. Wilcoxson and Dorothy Simmons were responsible for organizing a fraudulent check-cashing ring in the Tallahassee area. Mr. Wilcoxson and Ms. Simmons recruited multiple people to cash counterfeit checks on their behalf for payment.
Several people have been arrested for their part in this fraudulent scheme:
- Drametrius Wilcoxson: Organized Scheme to Defraud Under $20,000.00, Uttering and Grand Theft
- Chelsea Rogers: Uttering and Grand Theft
- Frederick Ford: Uttering and Grand Theft
- Briana Ward: Uttering and Grand Theft
TPD is actively searching for the below suspects for their part in this crime:
- Dorothy Simmons: Organized Scheme to Defraud Under $20,000, Uttering and Grand Theft
- Jacoby Hart: Uttering and Grand Theft
Community members with information about the whereabouts of Dorothy Simmons and Jacoby Hart are asked to please call TPD at 606-5800 or the Big Bend Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS. Remember, Crime Stoppers does not want your name, just your information; and, you may be eligible for a cash reward.