Vehicle Vandalized with Racial Slur

Tallahassee, FL -- March 20, 2012 --

Dr. Louise Ritchie and her husband woke up Tuesday morning to find the side of her vehicle vandalized. Now police are looking into the case to see if Ritchie was targeted because of the color of her skin.

"It does feel very personal as if someone was trying to specifically frighten me," said Ritchie.

The 'N'-word or possibly the word 'Miggery' was written on her 2008 Volkswagen Beetle. The word Miggery is a character in the story 'Tale of Despereaux' in which the character is actually sold into slavery.

Doctor Ritchie's friend and neighbor Jane McPherson says there's no doubt in her mind this was racially motivated.

"I'm sure that this is hate speech," said McPherson. "There are few black families that live in this neighborhood and I believe certainly that Louise was targeted."

An investigator stopped to file an official report. Amazingly enough despite being a victim doctor Ritchie says she actually feels sorry for the person who did this.

"I'm glad that I'm a really peaceful person and spent a lot of time learning how to have compassion for people."

Ritchie tells WCTV that a car dealer has offered to fix the car up free of charge.

There are no suspects in the case.

• by Ashleigh Location: Tallahassee on May 5, 2012 at 02:50 PM
    How come every time something happens to a black, hispanic or anyone not white it's on the new's and people get so mad and pull out the race card but if something happens to a white person it get's covered up and nothing is done about it. Just like the white man who was killed but a BLACK person and he even stated he did not like white people but did that go anywhere? No because it was a white person who got killed. Once it is a "minority" all hell breaks loose. I AM white, I AM proud to be white and that is NOT going to change. We need to bring all crimes to the surface and not just look at the ones that have black people as "victims". Everyone is racist whether they want to admit it or not, its not just a "white thing"
  • by Wilhem Location: Tallahassee on Mar 30, 2012 at 06:24 AM
    "The new racism is to deny racism". That's the trend today. We white people will always deny that we have "white privilege". Wake up and realize that we treat black people different because of their skin color and the past. Remember, white people were slaves too, especially if you are Irish or Italian.
  • by AD Location: Valdosta on Mar 22, 2012 at 08:58 AM
    TruthBeTold- just another black person saying white people are racist, but not admitting black people are too. You stay in your lane too. It's people like you on here that are changing my opinion drastically. OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE DOUBLE STANDARD!!
  • by dumdum on Mar 22, 2012 at 08:02 AM
    ATTENTION: This just in...some one threw an empty box of saltine CRACKERS in my yard! I believe the racist bandit done it!!!!!!!This must be reported...
      by Anonymous on Mar 22, 2012 at 09:08 AM in reply to dumdum
      Yeah, I own property w/ road frontage -- never realized that those saltines packs I pick up on weekends had deeper meaning. Now I'm wondering about the Bud Light cans -- rhymes with "white" don't cha know.
  • by AD Location: Valdosta on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:37 PM
    The fact is.. none of us really knows what this means or who did it. BUT QUICK!! LET'S ALL IMMEDIATELY BLAME WHITE PEOPLE!!
    I've seen, and been a victim, of more racism from black people than any other race. I see white people on here that acknowledge that white people can be racist... I've never seen a comment where a black person admitted that black people can be racist. The double standards have got to go!!
      by GretnaGirl on Mar 23, 2012 at 05:45 PM in reply to AD
      I think everyone has a little racism in them. No one is excluded from being racist.Yes there are a lot of blacks who are racist and get away with it. Look at the comedy especially that they can say anything about whites and get away with it but when the table turns its a whole different story. However, when it comes to the justice system blacks do not get a fair trial as everyone else and that is a fact.
  • by Khloe RN Location: Leon Co on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:34 PM
    If he went as far as spray painting her vehicle, then he obviously would not have been afraid to just say the racist slur IF that was what he was intending. I believe she p*ssed off someone and they're gettting her back.
  • by Stupid teens on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:24 PM
    I agree with obvious. After looking at the clip, it is clearly a PP pointing towards the word Migger with an exclamation point. Some vandals need to stay in school to learn how to spray paint/ spell the proper "racial" slurs. I think the meaning behind it is, "Phk "n"!" Oh and she isnt a Dr like the kind that does brain surgery, that PHD could be in economics. In other news, I saw that someone at the grocery store wrote the word "cracker" on a box and over an aisle. I feel so self conscious when walking down that section and wonder if black people glance down the row to see if there are truly any "crackers". They should change the name to "crispy wafers" to be more politically correct.Im offended easily.
  • by Tally on Mar 21, 2012 at 02:52 PM
    This is deplorable behavior and it will not be accepted and I hope the spray painters are caught soon. Why did WCTV not report the other graffiti incidents that happened the same night and in the same neighborhood to other victims? What was the writing on those victim's car or property? What was their race? What was their gender? What was their age or education? Were all the other graffiti incidents directly near this victim's home? Has this happened before? Has there been past disputes or disagreements between neighbors on neighborhood issues? A lot more reporting should have been done on such a racially sensitive issue.
  • by Obvious on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    It doesn't say "El"- its obviously a men's private part.
      by LC2 on Mar 21, 2012 at 01:17 PM in reply to Obvious
      I would hate to be the person you are comparing that to.
  • by Carla Location: TLH on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    The last character looks like an explanation point, not a "y". According to the Urban Dictionary, a Migger is a Mexican trying to act black or a black that wants to be Muslim. Not a nice thing to do to someone's car, either way, sneaking around in the dark.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 143595336 - wctv.tv/a?a=143595336