[UPDATE] Wife of Firefighter Attacked at Tallahassee Mall

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

UPDATE 5-10-2011

Tallahassee, FL - The Tallahassee Police Department responded to a robbery in the parking lot at the Tallahassee Mall on April 20th, 2011, at approximately 2:45PM. The suspect approached the victim from behind, choked her, and threw her to the ground. He then stole several items from her and fled the area.

The Tallahassee Police Department with the assistance of the victim in this case has completed a composite drawing of the suspect, and seeks the assistance of the community in identifying him. Anyone with information related to this investigation or who recognizes the drawing is asked to contact TPD at 891-4200 or Big Bend Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS. Please remember Crime Stoppers wants your information, not your name, and you may be eligible for a reward.

-----------------------------------------------------

(UPDATE) 4/23 at 6:30 pm

A Husband is reaching out to the community after his wife was attacked at The Tallahassee Mall.

It happened April 19th, when his wife walked from the mall to her car.

He says, a man tried to steal her purse but only made away with about $6.

He also says his wife is a little banged up but will be okay.

He sent out an e-mail that's spread like wild fire among his friends, family and now Tallahassee.

The e-mail is to try and warn others to always be aware and that this type of incident can happen anywhere.

The couple asks to remain anonymous.
_________________________________________________
Tallahassee, FL -- April 22, 2011 --

Tallahassee Police Department spokesperson, Derrick Friend, says a women was attacked on April 19th at the Tallahassee Mall. Travis Oaks, with the Tallahassee Fire Department, confirmed that the women is the wife of a firefighter.

Friend says it happened some time during the day in the parking, somewhere between the lot and the mall entrance.

He says the robber took some of her personal items and she sustained non life-threatening injuries. The investigation is still ongoing and no arrests have been made at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to contact TPD at (850) 891-4200.

• by NoleFan Location: Crawfordville on May 11, 2011 at 09:31 AM
    I'm really sorry this happened to this lady and I hope she recovers completely and I hope they catch this creep, but what difference does it make that she's married to a Firefighter? She's no more important than the wife of a store clerk!
  • by mz.laydee Location: tally on May 11, 2011 at 07:52 AM
    to crimson brotha, you are stupid for making a comment like that. he looks nothing like OUR president
      by Crimson Brotha on May 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM in reply to mz.laydee
      mz.laydee, why do you have to make a personal derogatory remark. Calling me stupid only reveals your own ignorance. In my opinion the pic looks a lot like a sketch rendition from a victim of crime. In my opinion it looks like Obama. And, everybody knows Obama is after your money cause he's all about the change. CHU CHING!
      by just sayin on May 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM in reply to mz.laydee
      only because they didn't make his ears stick out far enough...
  • by Crimson Brotha Location: Tallahassee on May 11, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    Has Obama resorted to crime to get his policies funded now thatv the republicans are in. There is a strong resemblance with the picture.
  • by Bagoprokrindious on May 11, 2011 at 06:27 AM
    White woman = target.
  • by Why? Location: Tallahassee on May 11, 2011 at 05:12 AM
    Is it really considered racist if you hate THUG criminals? Why?
  • by Anonymous on May 11, 2011 at 04:45 AM
    What do you expect, that mall is located just a few blocks away from the projects. I have shopped there a few times and every time I go to that mall, I carry a firearm on me. That mall needs to be shut down.
  • by Annoyed Location: Tallahassee on May 11, 2011 at 04:36 AM
    It outrages me that this happened but more than that somehow it is worse because she is a FIREFIGHTERS wife. For God sakes we are no better than any other person. I get sick of it and for the record I am a Florida firefighter also.
      by Sad on May 11, 2011 at 06:15 AM in reply to Annoyed
      Annoyed, I tend to agree with you. We are not more important than anyone else in this community. I think the head line was used for 2 purposes. (1), to grab attention. (2) To show that this can happen to just about anyone, in cluding a FF wife. Sadly it has morphed into somehow being about ff being superior to anyone else.
  • by TIR on May 10, 2011 at 08:39 PM
    I have been reading my past posts and I have to admit, you are all right. I am a racist. How can I judge others (whites) with so much hatred but expect the white people not to. I humbly apologize for any harm I have done. I was filled with hatred but have had a change of heart. So please, accept my apologies. I am trying to change but it is very, very hard.
      by Tally senior on May 11, 2011 at 05:45 AM in reply to TIR
      Give me a break! TIR will change when pigs fly! lol
        by Anonymous on May 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM in reply to Tally senior
        that wasn't TIR, LOL!
          by Tally senior on May 11, 2011 at 03:07 PM in reply to
          Ok, I'll admit I bit on that...lol...Still, the real TIR would only change when pigs fly!
  • by Tally Location: Tallahassee on May 10, 2011 at 07:19 PM
    Chad, you can't reason with ignorant minds, so why try? My prayers and thoughts are with your wife and you while you both work on her recovery from this event and I thank you for your service and my prayers are with you and all of our 1st responders.
  • by DPJ Location: Tallahassee on May 10, 2011 at 06:32 PM
    WHAT?? He is black? Sorry, didn't see that one coming. where is TIR? He needs to be her telling us what an upstanding man this guy is. TIR, causing racism each and every day here in Tallahassee.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120522134 - wctv.tv/a?a=120522134