Big Bend Crime Stoppers
Police: Robbers Eat, Shoot Dog and Put Victim in Dog Cage
Updated: 7:13 AM
- Police have arrested a man suspected of forcing his way into a north Florida apartment, shooting a dog and putting a victim in the dog's cage.
Coworker Arrested in Decatur County Homicide, Friends Speak
- Decatur County Sheriff's deputies have made an arrest in a Friday morning homicide investigation.
Judge Agrees to Move Hot SUV Death Trial
- The judge in the trial of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son in a hot SUV to die has granted a defense request to move the trial.
Valdosta Police Search for Suspect in Shooting that Leaves 2 Injured
- Valdosta police officers are searching for a suspect who shot two men following a night club dispute Sunday night.
Suspected Burglar Found Dead in Tallahassee Pond
- A suspected burglar is dead after he ran from police and into a pond west of downtown Tallahassee late Saturday night.
Two Men Convicted And Sentenced To Life In Prison In Home Invasion Murder
- Two men have been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison for their roles in a fatal 2014 home-invasion robbery in Sarasota.
Guilty Verdict in Accessory to Murder Trial
- Jennifer Ellis found guilty of accessory after brutal hammer killings
US Marshals Seek Fugitive Accused of Murder, Armed Robbery
- U.S. Marshals in Alabama and Florida are seeking a fugitive wanted for murder, attempted murder and armed robbery.
VSU Student Accused of Having Gun on Campus Rejects Plea Deal
- A former Valdosta State University student accused of having a gun on campus has rejected a plea deal.
Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run Crash
- The Leon County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in last week's deadly hit and run on West Tennessee Street
Rash of Vehicle Burglaries in Wakulla County
- The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is warning residents to be vigilant after a rash of car burglaries.
Activists Seek Independent Probe of Florida Teens' Drownings
- A coalition of activist groups is calling for an outside investigation of the drownings of three teenage girls who were fleeing from Florida sheriff's deputies.
Tallahassee Man Arrested on Over 40 Counts of Child Pornography Charges
- A Tallahassee man has been arrested on 44 counts of Child Pornography charges, according to the Tallahassee Police Department.
Teen in Rayborn Case Violates Supervision by Testing Positive for Marijuana
- One of the two teens involved in a car crash that took the life of Ansley Rayborn has violated his supervision, according to authorities.
Court Reinstates Conviction for Murder of Jacksonville Firefighter
- A Florida appeals court has reinstated a conviction and two life sentences for a man who killed a Jacksonville firefighter.
Vote on Settlement in Deadly Police Shooting Delayed
- Tallahassee city commissioners to vote on $325,000 settlement in police shooting of Duane Strong
Taylor County Man Sentenced in Aunt's Murder
- A Taylor County convicted of killing his aunt has been sentenced.
Liberty County HS Teacher Arrested for Child Molestation, Sexual Battery
- A Liberty County High School J.R.O.T.C. teacher has been arrested following an investigation into accusations of a sexual relationship with a student.
Pilot Accused of Flying Drunk on Florida-to-New York Flight
- A JetBlue pilot has been charged with flying under the influence of alcohol.
Car Hits Chopper That Landed on Highway to Aid Crash Victim
- Police say a medical helicopter was hit by a car and disabled as it prepared to transport an injured pedestrian, and the car's driver now faces drunken driving charges.
More Big Bend Crime Stoppers