Tallahassee, Florida —
During the month of October, the Leon County Health Department will be hosting “Flu Shots Fridays.” Flu vaccinations will be available on a walk-in basis, with no appointment needed, each Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the following clinic location:
Roberts & Stevens Clinic, 1515 Old Bainbridge Road
It is especially important that the following groups receive a flu vaccine because they are either at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing complications:
• Pregnant women
• Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old*
• People 50 years of age and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions including diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, asthma, kidney disease, liver disease, neurologic disorder, blood disorder or a weakened immune system
• People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu including healthcare workers, household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu and household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age* (who are too young to be vaccinated)
The cost for the flu vaccine is $22.00. The vaccine is available at no charge for individuals who have Medicare Part B or Capital Health Plan (CHP). Individuals with Medicare Part B or CHP must bring their driver’s license (valid ID) and Medicare or CHP card. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. *Currently the Leon County Health Department has a limited supply of flu vaccine for individuals 6 – 35 months of age. Please call the Immunization Program Office – (850) 606-8020 – before coming for a flu vaccine if your child is in this age range.
Flu vaccinations are available other weekdays by appointment. For additional information or to schedule an appointment, please call the Leon County Health Department, Immunization Program Office, at (850) 606-8020.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.