2 Teens Accused of Attacking School Bus Driver

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Lakeland, FL (AP) - Authorities say two teenagers pushed and
repeatedly punched a school bus driver who had pulled over after
they refused to close their windows because the air-conditioner was
on.

Polk County Sheriff's officials say the attack happened Monday
after 62-year-old Charles Faulkner walked to the back of the bus to
talk to students. As he was returning to the driver's seat,
officials say two 15-year-old boys knocked him down and hit him
until he started bleeding from the head.

The driver got up, returned to his seat and called authorities.
According to reports, the driver received three stitches and had
swelling on his head.

Deputies say the teens were arrested Tuesday, charged with
aggravated battery on an education employee and booked into the
Juvenile Assessment Center.

• by Village on May 13, 2011 at 05:28 PM
    These youngsters are in dire need of a time out. And that includes no recreations of any sort. They should lose television privileges as well, including video games, for a week at a minimum. Parents have got to take a firmer stance with their children.
  • by Where are the morals? Location: Tallahassee on May 12, 2011 at 02:59 PM
    There was a time when we were was raised to 'To Respect Your Elders', to say hello, thank you, yes ma'am and no ma'am. THERE WAS NO WAY ON EARTH WE COULD HAVE CAME CLOSE TO THINKING ABOUT JUMPING ON A BUS DRIVER TALKING ABOUT A ELDERLY PERSON!!!!They was treated to good by being taking to the Juvenile center!@ Barb, the STATE did not give birth to your children. The STATE takes abuse and neglect children. @ 15 years old, the jail state takes them because some one failed to raise them properly!!!! PEOPLE RAISE YOUR CHILDREN, SO THE STATE WILL NOT HAVE TO RAISE THEM! These delinquent children have been disrespectful to someone before and thought it was OK! And they tried it again. My heart goes out to Mr. Charles Faulkner; you are in my prayers!!!!
  • by Surly Location: Grrr on May 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    Like I said -- shock collars!
      by Jason on May 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM in reply to Surly
      Yes - and turn it up to full blast......
  • by Barb on May 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    How are kids being raised these days? Is it because the state has taken our rights away to punish our kids the way we were? I have raised 4 children who are grown now and they lived by the golden rule. They never disrespected there elders. When they were asked to do something they did it! I was a working mom and still taught my kids the difference between right and wrong.Parents, instead of trying to be their friend, try being the PARENT!!
      by ProudParentof2 on May 12, 2011 at 01:55 PM in reply to Barb
      Barb- well said. I'm 26 and although I want a strong relationship with my children, they also know I do not play the radio(ages 5 and 4). All I have to do is look at them most of the time and they get it together. That makes me a proud parent!!!! :D
  • by Anonymous on May 12, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    20 rounds to the snot locker would stop the threat.
  • by AB Location: Ga on May 12, 2011 at 08:32 AM
    We should make parents legally responsible for the behavior of their children. If the parents had to worry about going to jail when their child commits a crime I bet we would see more discipline and less spoiled brats who think they are entitled to get their own way no matter what they do.
      by Jean on May 12, 2011 at 12:26 PM in reply to AB
      AB - I have to disagree with you. Sometimes not even the parents can control children when they get this age. I say let the kids pay fortheir own mistakes, looks like some jail time might be in order. They certainly need a good wake-up call.
  • by DTH Location: Tallahassee on May 12, 2011 at 08:04 AM
    Ban them from School Buses for 2 Years, and give them BOTH punishment by Caining, 6 wacks should do it.
      by DTH too on May 14, 2011 at 03:04 PM in reply to DTH
      Ban those idiot punks permanently from school buses and give 'em 364 days jail time. Assault and battery on a public official must not go unpunished! If that 62 year old had hit the kid he would have been buried under the jail.
  • by Steve Location: Marietta, Georgia on May 12, 2011 at 07:18 AM
    If Claude Pepper were still among us, he would see that these punk thugs did some hard-time! Whom is the advocate for a senior, aged 62, among those punks? If I were there I would look left, look right, make sure nobody was watching me when I started throttling these punks!
  • by Yeah I said that! on May 12, 2011 at 06:41 AM
    the sad part is,, if the bus driver had of defended himself and adjusted these punks attitudes on the spot he'd be in jail and fired! Let me make this clear, I do not care if you are 15 , you hit me and I will beat your A%$ like a grown man! I would hope the bus camera was running to so I could get a copy of it and post it for all your Ghutto friends to watch as I beat you and your friends down to a a wimpering mass. Female male young or old, if your grandmother thinks just because she's old she can hit me,, I will prove her wrong and punch that old bag in her falsies!! 8 to 80 blind crippled or crazy,, touch me if you dare!
      by Anonymous on May 12, 2011 at 09:51 AM in reply to Yeah I said that!
      oooooooooo. another keyboard warrior. aren't we the bad person.
  • by Anonymous on May 12, 2011 at 05:55 AM
    I would let my son sit and think about what he did as long as the police wanted him too and then i would beat his behind for it. :) I have a zero tolerance policy in my home for bad behavior.
      by I agree- would be beat by me on May 12, 2011 at 08:31 AM in reply to
      i agree, but i think if i get to him first i would beat his behind like he was grown for disrespecting authority, and then the cops would try to haul me off for "abuse" and he would sit there IN juvie and probaly get it again when he got out for shaming me and acting like he wasn't taught better. ZERO TOLERANCE IN MY HOME.
        by Anonymous on May 12, 2011 at 01:58 PM in reply to I agree- would be beat by me
        My mommy use to beat me at school, on the way from school and when I got home. When she was done, I knew better.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121678854 - wctv.tv/a?a=121678854