5 Teens Accused of Stealing, Sniffing Ashes

Ocala, FL (AP) - Authorities say five teenagers in north central
Florida are accused of stealing and sniffing the cremated remains
of a man and two dogs.

Marion County Sheriff's spokeswoman Jenifer Lowe said Friday
that the teens broke into a house and stole the remains and some
electronics in December. They were arrested on Tuesday.

Lowe said the teens told authorities they had thought the ashes
might be drugs and once they realized they weren't, they threw them
in a lake. Authorities recovered two wooden boxes with ashes from
the lake, while the third vessel was also recovered at another
location.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by Gary Location: Ocala on Jan 28, 2011 at 07:45 AM
    From the high amount of burglarlies and theft of just about anything not bolted down, and in some cases secured, Marion County has got to be one of if not the most "clean" communities in Florida.
  • by c Location: live oak on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    OMG ,I WONDER JUST HOW MANY "LINES" THEY DID BEFORE THEY FIGURED IT OUT .MAY THE POOR MAN AND DOGS REST IN PEACE.I NEVER WANTED TO BE BURIED WITH MY JEWELRY FOR FEAR OF ME BEING DUG UP AND IT STOLEN BUT NEVER DID I THINK OF FEARING CREMATION CAUSE I MIGHT BE SNORTED . THIS STORY HERE TAKES THE CAKE OR SHOULD I SAY ASHES..MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY ....
  • by J. Turner Location: Wakulla on Jan 24, 2011 at 05:57 AM
    I see these kids want to be coke kings, which they failed that with flying colors! I guess these kid for got to read the labels on the box that usually have a name of a funeral home and the address. Also they seemed new to the cocain thing, since they were sniffing this stuff that was greyish in color instesd of white! They will never make good criminals, that's for sure! LMAO!!!!
  • by UNBELIEVABLE Location: QUINCY on Jan 22, 2011 at 02:42 PM
    I AM WITHOUT WORDS. THESE KIDS NEED SOME HELP. SERIOUSLY
  • by snort anything Location: ga on Jan 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    i was going to be creamated but with you idiots out there i dont know. maby mix a little posion with them.
  • by alice Location: crawfordville on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    dumbbunnies must have seen "due day" hahahahahahahh
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    Cut me out another line of grandpa, would you.
  • by dog Location: gone on Jan 22, 2011 at 06:43 AM
    Ocala is Central Fl. Idiot's are every where and most smoke cigarettes & Weed.
  • by Kathy Location: Crawfordville on Jan 22, 2011 at 03:52 AM
    I hope that the man and his two dogs haunt them for the rest of their stupid lives.
  • by futch Location: the bar on Jan 21, 2011 at 06:43 PM
    ocala is one of the towns you pass threw and get creepy feelings. LIKE A REAL CORRUPT PLACE.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114384499 - wctv.tv/a?a=114384499