5 Killed When SUV Rolls Over on I-95 in Fla.

By: AP
By: AP

PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) --

Five adults have died and four children were injured after an SUV blew a tire and flipped over on Interstate 95 near central Florida.

Florida Highway Patrol officials said driver Hugo Campos-Leon
and his family were driving home to Eustis after a family reunion
in North Carolina when a back tire blew on his 1996 Ford
Expedition. He lost control and hit several trees before the
vehicle flipped. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead at the
hospital.

Lt. Bill Leeper said only two victims were wearing their seat
belts. Several victims were ejected from the vehicle.

Leeper said the four children were taken to the hospital with
non life threatening injuries.

• by Anonymous on Dec 7, 2010 at 09:25 AM
    Five adults dead and four children left behind. My heart aches for them. They must be devestated and this tragic event is going to affect them for the rest of their lives. Bless their poor little hearts. I couldn't imagine my child being parentless, it makes me very sad to think about them living that way.
  • by S on Dec 7, 2010 at 09:19 AM
    I'm so sorry for the family and friends for their loss. It doesn't matter who had their seatbelts on or off. My God sister was wearing her seatbelt when her head smashed the window and slammed into a tree, causing her to pass. God has a plan for everybody and we must accept it. He chooses when it's our time and now he has a few extra angels with him in heaven. God bless and may he hold you in your time of grief.
  • by guest on Dec 7, 2010 at 08:12 AM
    It matters...b/c who actually had seat belts on?! Which last time I checked was the law...hope those kids were in car seats if they were not of age!
  • by grace on Dec 7, 2010 at 06:11 AM
    Anonymous: What does it matter???
  • by K Location: Tallahassee on Dec 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    I'm am sorry Diana.. My prayers go out to you during this sad time. May god bless you, stay strong
  • by anonymous on Dec 6, 2010 at 09:49 AM
    How many people were in that SUV?????? 5 dead adults, 4 injured children = 9 right there. How many more were in there?
  • by diana Location: eustis,fl on Dec 6, 2010 at 09:41 AM
    this was my family and hugo was my cousin.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111379434 - wctv.tv/a?a=111379434