A Tallahassee House fire Leaves $60,000 Worth of Damages

By: WCTV Staff Email
By: WCTV Staff Email

At 3:16 this afternoon the Tallahassee Fire Department was alerted to a house fire in the 4600 block of Russells Pond Ln. The 911 call was made by, off duty firefighter Todd Notley, who lives next door. The off duty firefighter heard what he thought was burning leaves and went next door to find the rear of the home on fire.

The fire started along the rear wall of the home and quickly spread through the eaves and into the attic. Units from TFD stations 10, 2, and 8 quickly stopped and extinguished the fire from spreading further. Damages are estimated at $50,000 to $60,000. All occupants were evacuated and there were no injuries.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.

• by Samantha Location: tallahassee on Oct 26, 2010 at 06:44 PM
    My husband, 3 children, and I would like to thank Todd, the fire department, our neighbors, friends, family, Red Cross, Florida High counselors, my Pharmacy Tech instructors, and everyone in this community that has helped us through this difficult time. Bless all of you!!
  • by Matt Location: Tallahassee on Oct 24, 2010 at 09:01 AM
    Great job Todd. I should have put your name in the article, sorry.
  • by Diane Location: Tallahassee on Oct 24, 2010 at 07:39 AM
    Thank you Todd for being so observant to see the problem before it destroyed the entire house and possibly the family. I am truly sorry for their loss but am thankful they all got out unhurt.
  • by bob Location: tlh on Oct 24, 2010 at 04:22 AM
    all firefighters should be paid and paid well they save your life and property
  • by Donna C Location: Monticello on Oct 24, 2010 at 02:45 AM
    Thanks Todd for your fast thinking in helping to get this situation under control. All though this is an extended family member of mine, I am so sorry for their loss. This is such an awesome family. S&G....if you need anything at all. ANYTHING that I can help you wilh, please call anytime.
  • by me Location: tally on Oct 23, 2010 at 07:19 PM
    Thank you Todd (the firefighter next door)The whole fire department did a great job and thank the whole neighborhood. They helped get everyone of my family members out of the house!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105601858 - wctv.tv/a?a=105601858