Allen Boyd: Congressional Toss Up

By: Mike Vasilinda Email
By: Mike Vasilinda Email

Tallahassee, Florida --

Turnout here in North Florida has been steady all day, and that is potentially good news for Congressman Allen Boyd., who finds himself in a very unusual spot this election.

The Second Congressional District here in Florida is one of four Florida seats the National GOP targeted in their attempt to take over Congress. The seat stretches between Panama City and runs east of Tallahassee. Democrat Allen Boyd has held the seat since 1996, and says this is the toughest race he has ever seen.

“If we get large turnouts, and folks come and express their views about their vision for the country, that’s all we can ask for’” say Body. ”We’ve done our best to deliver our message, about what we tried to do in the past and where we think we need to go from here, and ah, if the people speak, I’ll be contented.”

Challenging Boyd is Steve Southerland, a Panama City Funeral Director, who is making his first run for elective office.

• by Travis Location: Mayo on Nov 11, 2010 at 04:50 PM
    Bob Root, to be a former NASA engineer and, my guess, a medicare recipient as well as social security enrollee, it's amazing that you would hate government so badly being you're a product of it. I want you to point to me the exact text of the legislation that says there will be a decrease in payments to medicare enrollees and doctors. It's not there. It does close the donut hole and reduces waste fraud and abuse, along with other benefits for seniors. When you show me the exact language from the bill, HR 3590 and the Reconcilliation bill, I will believe you. But, I've read it and you haven't. We both know who is right! Thanks for promoting the propoganda machine! We all should speak the truth, whether it be good, bad or indifferent. That's how I have always conducted myself. What say you?
  • by GOP Forgot the War Location: Tallahassee on Nov 2, 2010 at 08:26 PM
    Allen Boyd was too conservative for me, but when he voted for the health bill the second time around, he did what any decent American would do and he stood up for his countrymen. For all those who are so worried that the health bill is going to cost them... just wait and see what your health care is going to cost you if it gets repealed. Nothing in America has gone up as fast as health care over the last 30 years. Nothing. Selfishness has always ruined great nations. I pray it does not ruin this one. Godspeed Allen, I proudly voted for you and America today!
  • by Anon on Nov 2, 2010 at 07:26 PM
    See ya Boyd.....and take your paramour with you.
  • by The Original Bob Location: Perry on Nov 2, 2010 at 07:14 PM
    Hey Ashley, looks like your husband is going job hunting. Thanks to Allen and his cronies, he's going to have a hard time finding one. Allen Boyd is scum of the erath. Just look what he did to his wife, let alone what he did to this country.
  • by Totally Fed Up Location: Tallahassee on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:52 PM
    Oh, Ashley, I know completely what this man Boyd has "done for me". He has cost my family about $15,000 a year in additional taxes with this health care bill. He has made it so that when I move and am on Medicare I will never find a doctor to provide even assembly line medical care to me because drs are not going to want to take Medicare patients due to low reimbursements (that is one way your ObamaCare is being pd for). Well thanks for nothing. It is people like you --- always wanting the politicians to do something for them that are the problem. I just want them to leave me alone. Instead they want about 50 percent of my marginal income by the time you add the "health care tax", by the time my deductions are reduced and by the time you increase tax rates from where they are this year. So no. I am not appreciative. I just do not want gov't in control of my life.
  • by JD Location: Tallahassee on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:41 PM
    I voted for him twice before, but not today. That vote for the Health Care sealed his fate, along with many others. I know he's not a bad guy but changing his vote was the wrong thing to do.
  • by Cheryl Location: Florida on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:39 PM
    After tonight, Boyd will be farming full time. Nah, nah, nah,nah, hey, hey,hey, GOODBYE !!
  • by Chuck Location: Tallahassee on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:17 PM
    I think I'll send some boxes up to Washington for him to pack his office up......what a great night!!
  • by Ashley Location: Mayo on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:13 PM
    Im not very knowledgeable about politics but I do know that people do not appreciate the things that Allen has done for them in the past. You find out the ones who are really selfish and the ones who are not. Majority of the selfish ones are the people that you've known your whole life. Just saying. I don't know Steve but I do know what Allen has done for us. The ones of you who think Allen voted for the health care bill. Its not the same bill. He didn't vote for the first bill. He voted for the revised bill. Read It. I know someone who did and its really not bad. Get the right info before you go running your mouth and treating people like dirt that you've known for years thats only trying to look out for their community. Anyone who responds to this in a negative way im not arguing with you so don't expect a response back.
  • by Char Location: Monticello on Nov 2, 2010 at 05:07 PM
    Mr. Boyd posted a commentary that said he would never vote for the health care bill. The very next day he did. I do not want someone who will bold face lie to me representing me in any office.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106552214 - wctv.tv/a?a=106552214