WCTV | Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta | News, Weather, Sports

Blaze in Tallahassee Causes 100K in Damages

By: TFD Press Release
By: TFD Press Release

Tallahassee, FL - At 5:25 this morning (2-4), eight units from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire in the 200 block of Saratoga Drive. On arrival, firefighters encountered a heavy volume of fire showing from a lower level room. The fire was quickly extinguished. Though the fire breached the ceiling of the room of origin,
firefighters were able to stop the fire before it penetrated into the floor above.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an unattended candle that had
inadvertently come in contact with a blanket. The homeowner, his spouse, and three dogs evacuated the house without incident. No injuries were reported. Damages were estimated to be $100,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115320894