Car Vs. Motorcycle Accident Sends Two to Hospital

By: Jerry Askin Email
By: Jerry Askin Email

A car versus motorcycle accident sends two people to the hospital.

Tallahassee Police say they were called to the Killearn area around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.

TPD is not releasing any further details ... but witnesses say the motorcyclist was driving too fast around a corner on Shannon Lakes Road when it hit a Burgundy SUV.

They say the Burgundy SUV swerved onto the grass, coming to rest in the bushes. Both drivers were sent to the hospital but are expected to be okay.

• by tallyrider on Mar 18, 2011 at 08:16 PM
    i know the rider personally and he is not a squid he is one of the most save riders i know he always has full gear and rides safe this just so happened to be the one time he did not have it all on and got hurt.. he was not on a crotch rocket he was on a sport touring bike. it was a simple mistake he mis judged a corner and for anyone who has never ridden you have no way of knowing how easy that can happen. he was at fault and made a mistake and he will have to suffer the consequence's he is in the hospital in alot of pain. and i also hope that the driver of the car is okay because i know if they are not he will have to live with that and i know he is already upset about not only putting his own life in danger but some one else's as well.so i would like to ask for the people who have never riden and know nothing about being on a bike not to judge him and put him into the stereo type of he is a teen who ride a bike.
  • by GV Location: Ga on Mar 18, 2011 at 05:05 AM
    Well maybe this motorcycle rider needs to do some jail time.Why is he not doing jail time?Ain't that what ya'll want?Or is it that you just want drivers of cars who wreck motorcycles to go to jail?Hummingbird,sure HE made an error,why is he not in jail?Will you people plese explain why ya'll want a bill passes that makes car drivers go to jail for a mistake?Why is no one screaming for this guy to go to jail?
  • by teto Location: leon on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    so the vacum cleaner was speeding and rideing recklessy.
  • by Drinky Crow on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    @ Hummingbird; actually, I did say that I am glad that both rider and driver are going to be OK. MC crash related injuries suck, ask me how I know. I don't pray, but I wish them both well. FWIW, I know riders that have been riding for far longer than 2 years that I would still consider squids, however since I don't know your friend, I will retract my previous comment.
  • by GV Location: Ga on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Rick,I'm pretty sure it is an MMA fighter.
  • by Hummingbird Location: Tallahassee on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    No he is not a squid!and yes he does know how to ride he has been doing so for at least two years. Yes he made a bad call but dont we all some times (speeding, no seat belt ect...He is a very special young man and will have to pay his dues for his error but for right now he is in the hospital in a lot of pain (not that any of you have asked about him or the driver)I pray that they both will be alright! I do not know the person in the SUV but I do the person on the motorcycle and I have a great deal of respect for him so do not judge him until you know the whole story!!!!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    Rick, Google it. Don't be so lazy
  • by Rick Location: TLH on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Again, what's a cager?
  • by Rick Location: TLH on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    What is a cager?
  • by Drinky Crow on Mar 17, 2011 at 08:25 AM
    Failure to negotiate a curve is one of the leading causes of MC accidents; right up there with cagers turning left in front of motorcycles. Sounds like the SUV just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. A dollar to a donut says that the rider was a squid on a crotch rocket trying to ride beyond his ability. Glad everyone involved in this one is going to be OK! Now I am just waiting for teto to make one of his usual moronic statements about bikers.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118125744 - wctv.tv/a?a=118125744