Crawfordville Woman Dies in Fatal Crash

By: WCSO Release
By: WCSO Release

Crawfordville, Florida - June 7, 2011 -

A 57-year-old Crawfordville woman was killed in a one vehicle traffic crash near the intersection of County Road 367 and Highway 365 also known as the Shell Point Road and Spring Creek Highway triangle, according to Sheriff David Harvey.

The accident occurred at 7:11 a.m. Tuesday, June 7. Janet Locke Packett was the sole occupant in the 2003 Nissan Pathfinder. WCSO Traffic Unit Captain Billy Jones said Packett was northbound on Highway 365 when she left the east side of the road, overcorrected, left the west side of the road, flipped and came to rest against a Talquin Electric Cooperative power pole.

The force of the accident broke the power pole and left the vehicle horn blaring until emergency workers and Talquin line workers could turn off the power and shut off the horn.

The victim was trapped inside the vehicle until approximately 9 a.m. when Wakulla County Firefighters were able to cut into the crushed vehicle. The body will be taken to the Medical Examiner for an autopsy. The victim lived a short distance from the accident scene and was probably going to work when the accident occurred, according to Captain Jones. She was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

In addition to Captain Jones, Lt. Dale Evans and Deputy Ryan Muse of the WCSO Traffic Unit and Deputy Clint Beam of the Road Patrol worked the accident scene along with Wakulla Firefighters and Wakulla EMS.

• by Thom Location: Murfreesboro Tn on Jun 14, 2011 at 07:15 AM
    Janet was a great woman, wife and mother. I will always remember how she made me feel part of the family. Not only has the family lost her but her husband Matt and daughter Corney have lost their love of their life. I see only comments for the family, did everyone forget she was married. I spent a year with them at the KOA and then another 6 months at the house. I know how this has affected him, Matt my prayers go out to you. Thom
  • by Missy Harper Location: Jacksonville,FL on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:36 PM
    This was my Aunt and I thank everyone for thier thoughts and prayers. I know she is with God now and she is happy. I will greatly miss her and I know all of my cousins, Uncles, Grandparents, and Mother will miss her a great deal. My only wish is that she went without pain and saw the light quickly. God bless all including her.
  • by Robert & Dania Day Location: Tallahassee on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    We are so deeply sorry for your loss. Our thoughts & prayers are with you. May you find comfort and peace in God's loving hands. We will be thinking of you all in the coming days.
      by Kenneth Locke on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:55 PM in reply to Robert & Dania Day
      Thank you Robert and Dana, it's been rough but everyone is hanging in there
  • by Alicia on Jun 8, 2011 at 09:17 AM
    I know first hand how difficult it is to loose someone in a tragic car accident. I lost my father in a bad car accident 6 years ago. I work with her neice Nichole and My heart goes out to her entire family. May she rest in peace! God Bless!
      by Kenneth on Jun 8, 2011 at 08:09 PM in reply to Alicia
      I'm sorry for your loss as well Alicia and thank you for being there for Nichole
      by Nichole on Jun 9, 2011 at 05:17 AM in reply to Alicia
      Thank you, Alicia.
  • by Kerry Glover Location: Quincy on Jun 8, 2011 at 09:16 AM
    My heart is deeply saddened for the Locke family, especially for her beautiful daughter. There are no words I can offer to ease the heartache, I can only daily pray you through. I pray that each moment you feel Gods presence, comfort and peace that passes all understanding.
      by Kenneth Locke on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:56 PM in reply to Kerry Glover
  • by Jan Letchman on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:03 AM
    I have known this family a long time and they are all very nice people. What a terrible and tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. From Jan Letchman and the entire ADS team.
      by Kenneth on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:56 PM in reply to Jan Letchman
      Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Jan.
  • by Concerned in Tally Location: Tallahassee on Jun 8, 2011 at 06:49 AM
    My heart goes out to her family. I pray God has accepted her into his Kingdom. I am certain he has as I read the previous comments that express how loved and cherished she was. May God be with you and comfort you always.
  • by Anon Location: Ft Braden on Jun 8, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    Many prayers for the Locke family. No matter whose fault or what someone did or did not do, the result is still the same...family & friends grieving the loss of a loved one. Thank you, Mr. K. Locke, for always responding in a positive, classy manner. You are a great role model for many. May God bless you and yours and give you strength each day. May you rely on God and your sweet memories for comfort.
  • by Jan McCall Location: Tallahassee on Jun 8, 2011 at 06:33 AM
    You all are in my heart and prayers. Janet was so special and I will miss her and the wonderful friendship we created and nourished over the many years.
      by Kenneth on Jun 8, 2011 at 07:58 PM in reply to Jan McCall
      Thank you for being a great friend to Janet through the years Jan. I know Janet always enjoyed her conversations with you.
  • by Energy Services Location: City of Tallahassee on Jun 8, 2011 at 06:24 AM
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the Locke family. Folks in our City Energy Services group worked with Janet for decades. She was always quick-witted and full of fun. We’ll miss her.
      by Kenneth on Jun 8, 2011 at 08:00 PM in reply to Energy Services
      Thank you to all of the energy services group. She always felt as though you all were there to help when she had questions or concerns. At the end of the day you each had the same interest at heart... taking care of the customer.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123353278 - wctv.tv/a?a=123353278