Electrical Short Causes Tallahassee House Fire

By: TFD Release
By: TFD Release

Tallahassee, Florida - April 7, 2011

Last night at 7:18pm, 7 units from The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a reported house fire in the 4300 Block of Carnwath Road. The fire was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the roof of the house. Early reports stated that someone was inside the home, but after an aggressive search by TFD personnel, the house was determined to be unoccupied at the time of the fire. A portion of the home
was under renovations and firefighters were able to trace the cause of the fire to a floor fan located in that area.

No injuries were reported during the incident. Damages are estimated at $10,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119395339 - wctv.tv/a?a=119395339
Gray Television, Inc.