FHP: Boy, 14, Was Driving in Crash That Killed 2

By: AP
By: AP

LAKE CITY, Fla. (AP) --

Florida Highway Patrol says a 14-year-old driver is responsible for a crash that killed two in north Florida.

According to FHP, the Lake City teenager lost control of the car
Sunday evening (Jan. 16). The car struck a dirt embankment and a tree, then rolled over until it came to rest against another tree.

FHP says a 10-year-old boy and a 26-year-old woman in the car
died in the crash.

The driver and a third passenger, a 6-year-old boy, are
hospitalized in critical condition.

FHP says no one in the car was wearing a seat belt.

• by Anonymous on Jan 11, 2012 at 06:54 PM
    Evindently you didn't have good parenting,or they would have taught you to keep your mouth shut until you knew all the facts,and if don't know the facts it was none of your bussiness to begin with!!!
  • by Saddgirl Location: Lakecity on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    I live near the accedent. the father of the 10 year old boy was the first one on at the crash and held his son till he died. it is a sad day and it comes from the 26 year old letting the 14 year old drive. regardless of anything she let him drive.
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Jan 18, 2011 at 05:51 PM
    @Please open your eyes!: Glad you & GV caught that info and can read too! That's similiar to what I stated in my prior post. The article never mentions a second vehicle and when they refer to the third passenger it's pretty clear all parties involved were occupants in one vehicle. Unless this article is totally wrong, there would be mention of another vehicle if there were one involved. Also,86th posted twice back to back within a few minutes and repeated parts of his first sentence twice, so go figure!
  • by Please open your eyes! Location: Tallahassee on Jan 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    DOES ANYBODY EVER READ??? THERE WAS ONLY ONE CAR!! GEEEEEESH! "FHP says a 10-year-old boy and a 26-year-old woman in the car died in the crash. The driver and a third passenger, a 6-year-old boy, are hospitalized in critical condition."
  • by GV Location: Ga on Jan 18, 2011 at 07:20 AM
    86th,that is just stupid.How can the 14y.o. be driving one car AND be the driver of another car that wrecked and killed two people?It is impossible for the 14 yo to be in two cars at the same time.Are you serious?
  • by 86th Location: jasper on Jan 17, 2011 at 05:26 PM
    The 14 and 6 year olds were in one car and the 26 and 10 year olds were in another...sad situation for all families involved...its horrible that two babies were killed. Prayers for the families and all guilty parties to learn from this
  • by 86th Location: jasper on Jan 17, 2011 at 05:24 PM
    The 14 year old and 6 year old were in one car and the 26 year old and 10 year old were in another car....saddens me that the two youngest were killed.
  • by TallyTrashTalks Location: Tallahassee on Jan 17, 2011 at 04:37 PM
    If you read the article carefully you notice that FHP does not identify a roadway the vehicle was traveling, nor that charges are pending. It does mention the vehicle hit a dirt embankment. This leads me to believe the 14 year old was possibly driving the vehicle on private property (not illegal), the 26 year-old was teaching him to drive and the younger passengers were along for the ride. It's a strong possibility as well that all of these individuals are related. It's always sad to see young lives lost and my sympathy to the families.
  • by Serena Location: Tallahassee on Jan 17, 2011 at 04:12 PM
    Sad situation for all involved. This kid and whoever let him drive has to live with that - unless it's the 26 yr who was killed. I'm thinking this 26 yr-old is too young to be the 14 yr-old's mother, but who knows? May be a babysitter or friend and then the parents would feel responsible. Just sad, anyway it turns out!
  • by Highway 20 Resident Location: Tallahassee on Jan 17, 2011 at 03:45 PM
    This whole story really saddens me. I know it was a kick for the 14 year old to drive, but who the heck was the 26 year old adult in the car? I really hope the family of the two survivors are understanding and supportive because this is something I don't think he or she will recovery from too soon. My two youngest kid are 17 and 19, neither are anywhere ready to drive a car. My 19 year old told me he does not want to drive because he feels he is not ready and that says a whole lot about his character. I commend him for his actions, it's true maturity.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113868604 - wctv.tv/a?a=113868604