FSU Students Still Proud of Seminoles After ACC Loss

By: Jennifer Milton Email
By: Jennifer Milton Email

The Seminoles lost one of the biggest games of their season last night leaving Florida State fans disappointed.

The noles and hokies battled it out on the grid-iron in Charlotte, North Carolina with Virginia Tech winning the Atlantic Coast Championship football game 44 to 33.

We spoke to FSU students to see how they feel about the loss.

"I'm not disappointed, they tried their best, it's more like, hey, better luck next year," said Orly Reznik.

"I think a lot of people are focusing on the negative of losing the game but, we still get to go to the bowl game, we beat the gators for the first time in 6 years, went to the ACC championship, so, I think if we just focus on that, the season as a whole is a lot better than most people are giving it credit for," said Zack Roper.

FSU will now play in the Chic-Fil-A Bowl on Dec. 31st and their opponent has not yet been named.

• by 87 Nole Location: Denver on Dec 10, 2010 at 05:46 PM
    FSU's season was simply a picture of a team in transition. New defensive schemes are tough for these kids to learn when they have been used to "freelancing" as Mickey let them do. More disciplined effort in facets of defense such as gap control will greatly improve next year's defense. (This and conditioning/strengthening and depth) Urban's rant is the growl of the toothless gator. UF won't be relevant until Mullen/Strong/whomever has 2 yrs to build the program in their own new image. Get ready for a beat down in your own house next season, "Urban".
  • by Daniel Location: Richmond, Va on Dec 8, 2010 at 05:41 AM
    To the classless fan 'urban', the world had the Gator-Nation rubbed in it's face for duration of the Tebow-era, that's over! It's clear you are having trouble dealing with the UF loss to FSU loss but try to man up and deal with it. As for the ACCCG, Virginia Tech played well, FSU didn't and we lost SO WHAT! I commend the Hokies for great game and the Noles for a great season. I am always proud of my team no matter what. Go pick on some Georgia fans, at least your team managed to beat them this year. As for the date of our bowl game...that doesn't mean anything unless you are in the National Championship game, which Florida isn't so give it a rest.
  • by nOLE Location: leon on Dec 7, 2010 at 09:41 AM
    I am Not a FSU Student, BUT......GO NOLES. HEY, PEOPLE NOLES ARE Still doing better this year than they have for 2 or 3 years,may I go so far to say even longer. We Did BEAT Gators and UM this year. NOT to forget Hopkind 55 yard field goal to have Fsu beat the CLEMSON Tigers. SO I am one proud NOLE FAN. YOU Fairweather fans and gator fans and also um fans. YOU BET I'M PUFFED-UP. We win the bowl or we don't They have made me PROUD.
  • by Urban Location: Gainesville on Dec 7, 2010 at 05:22 AM
    Funny how nobody will see those puffed-up Semenhole-fan chests come New Year's Day, since FSU's football year ends in 2010. On the other hand, in spite of an off-year, Gator football will still have NYDay bowl relevance. Last seven years: 1 and 6, Tommy-hawks!!
  • by Anonymous on Dec 6, 2010 at 03:30 PM
    If it was the opposite, and the Gators were playing, the noles fans would also put up negative comments, so don't be hatin' on the gators (or UM) when ya'll will make the same comments next year.
  • by nole fan on Dec 6, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    noles could have won that game ,,if they had not let them guys catch passes wide open with no one around them for 10 yards ,,COVER YOU MAN some one
  • by just sayin Location: tally on Dec 6, 2010 at 07:34 AM
    Hey GATOR...are you proud that your team was sittin' on the couch this last Saturday? Sure you are....Penn state is going to stomp a mudhole in the couchsitters...
  • by Is to laugh on Dec 6, 2010 at 06:37 AM
    Love the comments from the haters!! And how did uf and um do this year???? Hmmmmm???? Just as I thought.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 6, 2010 at 06:04 AM
    I don't think I recall seeing the Gator's playing in a title game this past weekend!!
  • by Abnormal Location: Tallahassee on Dec 6, 2010 at 04:37 AM
    Gator - Typical.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111354849 - wctv.tv/a?a=111354849